I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

It says ‘B’ on the packaging, but I can’t say for certain if it’s locked.

I did notice when playing the disc, it says ‘Only available for sale in Ireland and the UK’ … but clearly that’s not the case as a few guys here have received their copy outside that region. Strange :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks for that info, aldo. It’s probably locked. I just hope the Texas Adios blu-ray I bought isn’t :anguished: I was going on what DVDBeaver said about it being region-free when I ordered.

Seen that a million times with releases from the States or the UK and am pretty sure all it means is that you can only find physical copies in shops in those countries but of course everything is available online for purchase. Something like that anyways. Some take it very seriously though. Often US releasers. Stuff from the likes of Scream Factory, Kino Lorber, Code Red isn’t available from them directly unless you have an US or Canadian address apparently because of rights issues. So we go through amazon or diabolikdvd or wowhd or another vendor and all is fine again. One big circus :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice release, terrible title.
Just call it The Price of Power, for FUCK’S SAKE!

bullet2

6 Likes

2 Likes

Agreed - Never heard it referred to as ‘Bullet for the President’ … in which language are the titles and credits ?

1 Like

Credits are in Italian, but the title comes up as ‘A Bullet for the President’.

It’s as bad as ‘The Wild and the Dirty’ for Johnny Hamlet :face_vomiting: who the fuck calls it that?

2 Likes

You’d think an outfit like Wild East would know better…

And I doubt they’re contractually obligated to stick with these inferior US titles. Guess it’s just out of choice.

1 Like

Finally took the time to pick up Django the Bastard from Synapse Films.

djangobastard_

4 Likes

4 Likes

Some WE releases:
kuva

3 Likes

I can now confirm for you all that the UK Texas, Adios blu-ray by Arrow will indeed work in Region A players. I took the chance and ordered one from the UK (I’m in Canada) and sure enough it did work. I am really pleased. It came with a booklet as well even a year after initial release. Maybe someone will take my word for it and update the database info for it…

2 Likes

why certainly, good sir :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I hate Arrow’s policy of only including them in their first printings. I recently bought a release from them under 2 months old where the booklet print was already run out. That this still contains it is a sign that their spaghetti western releases are slow sellers.

1 Like

Dying to see this, Bianchini’s last effort “Hey Amigo! A Toast to your Death”

5 Likes

Swedish tape with english audio

Cool! I have that tape!

Wait… Nope! I have Twenty Steps to Your Death.

1 Like

That’s the Swedish title for this one, for some weird reason…