I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

Looking forward to seeing Jack Murphy go batshit crazy in HD.

4 Likes

Would be nice if that were the German title: “Django, Goes Batshit Crazy!” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“Django, Prepare a Padded Cell”

2 Likes

I now have read about Black Jack in its own thread and I like Robert Woods, and with just around 23 Euros for 1 Bluray + 1 DVD from Colosseo Film, I gambled on that it will arrive late next week when I have travelled to my home in Coldland before leaving from there also to another wished “snowy” home I have there :slight_smile:

(The biggest problem with buying SWs has been the late phase of the shipment due to different types of how they perform that last stage - if ithe package must be received personally and how the routines are when they fail the first time, and so on…
There is also a certain risk that the bastards at customs delay the package by a week and you have to pay a ridicolus sum)

Are you going to give it a 7/10?

I am going to give it a 6/10 if it will not be a 7/10. However there are some seldom cases that have been designated something else such as 4/10 (or even 8/10), so we had better wait a while for a true verdict !

Another masterpiece on VHS…

5 Likes

Another film where Robert lost his ‘S’.

I take it that is a Swedish release? The reason I ask is that the Danish release is identical :slight_smile: I had it at one point. Might still have it actually. Abandoned VHS-collecting some years ago and sold out :slight_smile:

Yes it’s on a swedish label called “Videocenter”

Ok. The same that released it in Denmark I believe. Nice find.

Trying to decide what SW blu-ray to buy this month…I could upgrade from DVD for Django Kill, Texas Adios, or get a (hopefully) better quality copy of My Name Is Nobody with the German Universum disc. Also been looking at Arrow’s Keoma and The Grand Duel but those are a bit above my price range. I’ve posted in other threads but no one has responded.

The only comment I can make is that I’m sure I read somewhere that the BluRay of Texas Adios actually deepened the appreciation of a film I personally only ever regarded as middling.

Also, I’ve never seen The Grand Duel - is it worth seeking out?

2 Likes

Same here. It does look great in this edition :slight_smile: plus the bonus features are top notch.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice, gentlemen! Best thing is I can get Texas, Adios for under $20 Canadian. I’m gonna order it!

s-l500

1 Like

Yes the Arrow Warehouse sale should be something for all of us to check out on this quiet Sunday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s worth it if you are a big enough fan of Lee Van Cleef. Great score by Luis Bacalov, too.

2 Likes

Found these second hand real cheap…

3 Likes

I’ll be rewatching Cut Throats Nine over the holidays. One of the best snow movies ever.

3 Likes

Is that copy of ‘Five Man Army’ a bootleg version ?