I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

^^How much did you pay for that Pistoleros dvd ? I think this one’s quite expensive nowadays.

EDIT: nevermind… :slight_smile:

My guess is £40 as that is what he writes :slight_smile:

The A Fistful of Trailers was recently sold for £240 on ebay plus a current copy is for sale at $2500 :slight_smile: So that one still holds the top position.

Yup this seller put out pretty much all of the early WE Discs. Boot Hill went for £250 aswell.

1 Like

Just found the ebay auctions. It seems Boot Hill ‘only’ went for £151 but that is still a massive sum. I’m sitting on a goldmine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah my mistake! Crazy money anyhow… Taste of Killing went for $184 in August while Day of Anger went for only £16 just recently. Seems like the only thing that will make them drop in price is a proper Blu-Ray release…

Yes that is strange. There also is better releases of Boot Hill laying around. I think I paid something like $9 for the first Wild East copy I bought back in the day.

I think It’s more of a challenge thing for nuts collectors that wanna have complete catalogues of the rarest boutique DVDs and Blu-Rays.

1 Like

You said it! … for the prices mentioned, you could acquire a pristine 16mm print of the film. Absolute madness !

All that money, for the comfort of seeing the complete spine numbers whenever you glance over at your shelf.

3 Likes

Collectors are nuts that is without doubt :slight_smile:

Welcome in the club :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But that is an unfair comparison. You might aswell blame a stamp collector for buying a rare stamp when he can get a brand new one for a few pennies.

Collecting is not rational.

1 Like

That’s true! LOL but what I intended to convey was that Wild East releases of this era are pretty lousy quality … and the disc will likely never even be viewed. Just kept in cellophane wrapper, until the collector re-sells.

1 Like

Yep. I agree. I understand wanting to have a complete collection but I cannot fathom why Boot Hill of the lot should command such high a price. It was nearly unselleable back in the day, meaning that it was for sale for a long time at no money. Also it is as you say one of the examples of Wild East not offering pristine quality and it’s been beaten a lot of times since.

I guess it’s like record collecting in a way. Why pay £100+ for an old original Beatles album in “OK” condition when you can get a remastered new LP for a fifth of the price? Wild East is no Beatles but they have a high collectible value, they have underground cult status it seems when it comes to collecting.

The highest I ever paid for a Wild East disc was about £32 (including the postage) for Cjamango and even that was a bit too much in my opinion. I remember getting Fistful of Trailers for £27 in total. Thankfully I bought the majority of my WE discs £8 each from an eBay seller long ago and I’m relieved that I’m no longer on the hunt for the rare titles.

There are more extremes in popular culture, those collecting old comic books. The most expensive comic book costs over 2 million US Dollars. I am a comic book collector since many decades ago but haven’t paid more than USD 12 000 for a copy since I only want to collect relatively cheap Disney comics :slight_smile:

Is that $12.00 or $12,000.00?

But is the WE release any good? And it’s cut, isn’t it?

yeah but for how long ? in 10 years or 20 years from now on… do you think people will care about these old crappy dvds ? especially for a niche genre such as spaghetti western.

1 Like

I think you overestimate how many people we talk about to keep the values up. So the answer is: yes, enough people will care :slight_smile:

The Wild East releases are printed in relatively small print runs and most of them are lying dormant in collections so the few that do turn up in the wild will be attractive.

1 Like