I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

Letterbox with suprisingly good audio - I’m willing to bet it’s the exact same print.

Yes I hope Kino keep their hands off it. They’d get Alex Cox to do a commentary for yet another film he doesn’t like.

1 Like

Some nice stuff been arriving lately. The top 5 DVDs I got from Sebastian for an amazing price. Big thanks :+1:

6 Likes

Just ordered after short fast evaluation. Maybe one is a 7/10 ?

Garringo is good one, I’d rate it 7/10.

Was this artwork from the time of the film’s original release? I assume that is supposed to represent Franco Nero but I would never have guessed that based on the face.
fn

I like both these films , I recommend them personally but I never rate anything… is the rating system that important when you watch a movie ? to me you like it or you don’t… simple as yes or no :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes it is my way of trying to define or feel more precise for myself when the SW is so good, very good, that I have no complaints at all that matter much to me.
That is a 7/10 movie or higher which I can watch several times.
A 6/10 is just OK but has enough weakness according to me so I don’t like it very much nor want to watch more than a few times.
Less rated by me than that means I normally don’t want to waste my time more on that movie even if it may have some positive sides. I want to avoid watching such SWs.

The rating is based on my own overall very subjective opinion of how entertained I am by each SW.
I also think the rating that other forum contributors state here have a value for me if they can motivate their opinion a bit also, especially with a review - all this naturally regarding my selection of more SWs.

1 Like

I can’t recall the last SW movie I purchased was… It’s been years.

I logged back onto this site for the first time since Nov 2007 because I’m actually in the process of building a Spaghetti Western digital archive. I ripped all my Koch DVDS that Ive owned since like 2004-2006 (You know… the Django boxsets, Johnny Hamlet, etc) and downloaded whatever I could in HD or Blu-ray quality. I have roughly 40 movies at the moment but plan on downloading 50+ from (removed link) sometime late this year.

My collecting will eventually slow day and once it does I plan to start focusing on my Blaxploitation and Giallo archives.

Ive always been partial to physical media.Spending literally hundreds of dollars monthly on DVDs/imports was normal to me. I would take pride in showcasing my immense 800+ DVD collection. Nowadays everything I own is stored in zipper folders. I ditched cases almost 4 years ago and its allowed me to pursue a more minimalistic lifestyle with ease.

That sounds borderline illegal though :slight_smile: These quality rips only exist at all because someone took a bullet and actually bought the damn thing.

When everybody stops buying them the market is gone and so are the publishers.

3 Likes

Just ordered, scheduled arrival Aug 22.

2 Likes

Pre-ordered (out in November):

4 Likes

Will do that aswell as soon as the Eureka store has been resurrected :slight_smile:

Great cover art.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Big update here! Came home from a months vaccation and these were all waiting for me in the mailbox. Paid £40 for PISTOLEROS, got CJAMANGO for the same price but that haven’t showed up yet. Was shocked to win them at such a fair price.

5 Likes

Nice posters!

1 Like

I thought title The Brute and The Beast for Massacre Time is a pure myth. :stuck_out_tongue:

Massacre Time is much cooler