I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

The Arrow Box Set is Here, Trade Your Bootlegs for Some Blu-rays.

4 Likes

The Sartana Collection - bought mine this morning at HMV, same price £49.99 … so no other treats for me for a while :smiley: but I just have a feeling these babies are gonna sell out fast … and this is a historic moment for we pastafarians - Just gotta decide which order to watch them in.

Those reverse sleeves look pretty darn tasty - Viva Sartana !!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Don’t Ireland use euros? :scream:

Apparently mine has been delivered and is waiting for me when I get home from work. :sunglasses:

Apparently mine’s been handed to a neighbour. They better look after it until I get home.

They do … I’m in the north which is part of the UK (technically) :rofl:

I see. Every day’s a school day! :grinning:

Nice to see that you’ve instantly gone for the reversible covers. I will do the same when the time comes.

1 Like

Mine arrived today. I’m going to flip the covers, too. Unfortunately Søren still has to pay since it wasn’t £43. :smile:

Just finished watching number 1, “If You Meet Sartana” … what the hell is going on in this film! It’s crazy … everyone seems to be laughing for no apparent reason - perhaps the Italian dialogue is funnier than the English ?
I’d seen it several times before, but forgotten how all over the place the story is. Anyway … fabulous picture quality and very good original sound - quite a few scratches here and there, which you don’t usually see on modern releases, but compared to the bashed old prints I’d see used as double features in the 1970s, it looks excellent.
Big thanks to the guys at Arrow for making this happen - and I’ll compile my wants list for you later :smiley:
Think I’ll check out George Hilton’s Sartana next.

2 Likes

Sorry about that one. Will have to have a serious word with Mr. Amazon :slight_smile:

Actually it is very seldom that the final price at Amazon isn’t 10-20% lower than the Arrow asking price.

It is certainly more Italian and my dub of choice. These are spaghettis and should be enjoyed as such :slight_smile:

Enjoyed it thoroughly - it just didn’t make a lot of sense :rofl:

The sooner you tell yourself to forget about the ‘plots’ to these films and just enjoy what you’re seeing, the better. One of the best decisions I ever made :smile:

1 Like

PS: The infamous sandpit has never looked lovelier ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It would’ve been cool to have the Italian titles as an option, like their release of Preparati la bara.

I hope Berger’s laugh is less annoying in Italian.

I’d gotten my set back on the 13th, watched the first 2 films with commentary; the first track was ok, but the one for the second was much more engaging

Never had any issues with the English dub for Sartana. The first movie is still my favourite, as well. I never thought it was difficult to follow.

What we need now is for Arrow to release an unofficial Sartana collection with Sartana Does Not Forgive and Sartana Kills Them All.

2 Likes

From DiabolikDVD?