I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

Eh. I have no idea why you are unable to buy from amazon. Seems mighty strange. But there are also other online retailers out there. Waiting for something to pop up on ebay sounds odd. I live in Denmark and have no problem getting hold of American releases. Have several online retailers to go to but you live right beside the source and should have it even easier (at a lower postage). Why is amazon impossible?

1 Like

Well, you might want to try and order it from here:https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=the+great+silence+blu&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys and have them shipped to your Best Buy store for pick up.

1 Like

I can’t buy on amazon.ca because a) I don’t have a credit card and b) amazon.ca doesn’t allow payments from a checking account like amazon.com does. Paypal is my only option, so ebay, best buy, and other sites that take it are my options.

Thanks, I’ll try looking into that.

I order frequently from www.deepdiscount.com and always pay using paypal, so that would be an option. They have almost everything you can want movie wise. Almost.

1 Like

I’ve been buying most of my US discs from www.importcds.com for a few years now

Kachang!

2 Likes

That was damn late :slight_smile: I preordered with amazon nearly instantly when it was announced.

I know, I don’t know why I waited… I am buying too much stuff these days and hardly get around to watching it, I guess…

Well if buying too much and not watching it is a crime, then lock me up and…

My Sartana set was just shipped by amazon by the way.

2 Likes

Just picked up the Retrovision Films DVD double feature of Boot Hill/Django the Bastard. They look pretty good, however, the back of the DVD lists both English and Italian soundtracks but I did not see the option to change languages - for Django, at least - in the menus. Nor am I able to change the tracks manually while watching the movie. The movies default to English. Does anyone know if there just isn’t Italian language options (at least for Django)?

Good stuff. :+1:

Mine hasn’t shipped yet but Amazon have taken the money for it so I guess shipping is imminent. I’d imagine it’s because I’m not signed up to Amazon Prime so my free delivery orders get thrown onto a “scum class” pile or similar. Ah well, f*ck 'em.

1 Like

Seems like yours could make its way to Denmark before mine even gets dispatched. Does it really depend on when you ordered?

Good question. I don’t think so. They are sent according to some complex amazon logic. It does matter though if you ordered it along with somerhing else that hasn’t shipped. That may prolong it’s shipment date for several weeks until everything is in stock.

Well at least you get free shipping. Sadly it is only the German branch of Amazon that offers that option (when buying for at least 39 euro).

My Sartana set is to arrive Wednesday so that is pretty quick.

Ooh, hang on:

:star_struck:

That’s me with my nose pressed to the window all day like a bloody Garfield toy waiting for the Amazon guy.

2 Likes

What was all the crying about then :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was transmitting mental anguish/wrath to the Amazon people. Seems to have worked. Just as well really, I was about to bust out my voodoo dance on them.

Received confirmation that mine’s also arriving on Tuesday. Life’s kinda cool sometimes :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes