I just bought.... (the CD/LP shopping diary!)

I heartily agree! CDJapan is an outstanding online retailer. I have been using them for many, many years and have never had a single problem with them.
And those yen credits they give out are hard to beat!

I realize this information doesn’t help people that are looking to purchase European releases, really; but, I just wanted to add my opinion of this fine retailer.

Well what onlyscore charges is really the retail price… You can get for the same amount at www.beatrecords.it and www.intermezzomedia.com my two favourite retailers…

www.dustygroove.com often carry new and old GDM-releases (their Club-releases) for around $13-14 which is an unbeatable price but they haven’t got the Piccioni-release anymore but I know they had it earlier at that price.

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:141, topic:745”]I heartily agree! CDJapan is an outstanding online retailer. I have been using them for many, many years and have never had a single problem with them.
And those yen credits they give out are hard to beat![/quote]
How do they mark their deliveries? With full amount of what you’ve bought or some insane low amount?

I of course ask this as anything with a stated value above $15 are potentially picked up in Danish customs making the buy very expensive.

The only Japanese retailer I’ve ever uses is www.arksquare.net… They are cheaper than buyng the stuff from a European/American retailer AND I can get them to write a lower price on the package :slight_smile:

[quote=“Søren, post:143, topic:745”]How do they mark their deliveries? With full amount of what you’ve bought or some insane low amount?

I of course ask this as anything with a stated value above $15 are potentially picked up in Danish customs making the buy very expensive.

The only Japanese retailer I’ve ever uses is www.arksquare.net… They are cheaper than buyng the stuff from a European/American retailer AND I can get them to write a lower price on the package :)[/quote]

Frankly, amigo…I do not know.
As this is not a concern for buyers in the USA (no VAT and the like for us). I know CDJapan used to offer the buyer a choice of how to have your items sent (as “gift” or what have you). Unfortunately, I am not sure that they do that, anymore. I couldn’t find any reference to this on their current webpage. djvaso would probably know about this situation better than I.

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:144, topic:745”]Frankly, amigo…I do not know.
As this is not a concern for buyers in the USA (no VAT and the like for us). I know CDJapan used to offer the buyer a choice of how to have your items sent (as “gift” or what have you). Unfortunately, I am not sure that they do that, anymore. I couldn’t find any reference to this on their current webpage. djvaso would probably know about this situation better than I.[/quote]
Unfortunately, a paper with content description and total value is attached on carton. If the gift option is selected then: ‘Send my order as a gift, and do not print prices on the packing slip.
The customs form will be marked as a gift. However, the item price total will be shown accurately on the customs form, as required’.

[quote=“djvaso, post:145, topic:745”]Unfortunately, a paper with content description and total value is attached on carton. If the gift option is selected then: ‘Send my order as a gift, and do not print prices on the packing slip.
The customs form will be marked as a gift. However, the item price total will be shown accurately on the customs form, as required’.[/quote]
Thanks for the info… Damn… Will probably not be worth the risk for me then. They do seem to have some good prices though.

Got a bunch of soundtracks this weekend. Some SW but all Italian:

ORZOWEI IL FIGLIO DELLA SAVANA / IL MARSIGLIESE
SQUADRA VOLANTE / LA POLIZIA RINGRAZIA
VENDATTA PER VENDETTA
RAGIONE PER VIVERE E UNA PER MORIRE / LA NOTTE DEI SERPENTI
I TRE VOLTI DELLA PAURA
IL TRIANGOLO DELLE BERMUDE / BERMUDE LA FOSSA MALEDETTA / URAGANO SULLE BERMUDE L’ULTIMO S.O.S.

Got a bunch of spaghetti western soundtracks these past couple of weeks:

Quei Disperati Che Puzzano Di Sudore E Di Morte aka A Bullet for Sandoval
Un esercito di 5 uomini aka The 5 man army
Oggi a me… domani a te! aka Today We Kill Tomorrow We Die!
Professionisti per un massacro aka Red Blood, Yellow Gold

Soren, I, too, recently purchased the FSM Five Man Army soundtrack. Not a lot of variety but the main theme is so great it’s worth getting just to hear it played with different instruments playing the melody.

I need to pick your brain about which releases are best fidelity wise and what things you recommend.

Got Spaghetti Westerns Volume 4

54 tracks

I can’t really say which ones are best fidelity-wise somebody else in here is probably better at answering that one but one advise I can give you is get the ones you want as soon as you want them as these genre-soundtracks tend to go oop overnight and trust me you don’t want to pay oop-prices for these bastards.

As has been mentioned countless times in here these Spaghetti Western Volumes are stuffed with great tracks. Good buy. Get the other ones if they are available (if you don’t have them already). Never managed to get the first volume in the series and didn’t really want to pay the oop-price.

I managed to get all for volumes quite a while ago, and they were cheap as chips - 2 or 3 quid a shot. I recently saw they were going for about £25 a piece. It seems to have settled down to an inbetweeny price now.
It’s an odd looking set tho’ - vols 1 and 2 look similar (same cartoony painting and double thickness case), and 3 and 4 have a completely different image (based on spag posters and are in single sized cases) - 1,2 and 4 cases contain 2 discs tho’, yet vol 3 has only one. ???Odd!

Sorry to say this - but imo this is the best of the lot ;).

Yes a bought the three volumes I got from something like $6-$7 a piece … They went for nothing before they oop’ed.

Bloody bastard >:(

I’m sure I got the complete soundtracks for whatever was on Volume One anyways 8)

Edit: Can see vol. 2-4 are still readily available for no money, at least at amazon.com.

;D

I’m sure you have 8). Still always nice to have a set tho’ ;).

I’ll see you at dawn >:(

After certain difficulties (Amazon.com and Amazon.ca canceled my orders several times) I manage to get Spaghetti Westerns Volume 3 and Volume 4 for reasonable price.

Just arrived today from Amazon.de:

THE FANTASTIC WORLD OF SPAGHETTI WESTERN

http://www.amazon.de/Fantastic-World-Spaghetti-Western/dp/B000057ZUB/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1263910428&sr=1-1

A really nice box set including the following CDs:

31 tracks from Django, Quien sabe, La piu grande rapina de West, L’oro dei Bravados, Si puo fare amigo and Sugar Colt.

Tracks:
The complete soundtrack of Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo (11 tracks) and La resa dei conti (13 tracks).

30 tracks from Vamos a matar companeros, Una ragione per vivere e una per morire, Se incontri Sartana prega per la tua morte, Tepepa, I lunghi giorni della vendetta, 7 Winchester per un massacro, I crudeli, Texas Addio and Che c’entriamo noi con la rivoluzione?

That’s what I call a nice price :wink:

I hope that you haven’t bought this title yet because it can be found at grooves-inc store for EUR 5,19.

Not bad.