I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

Bought this today…one of my favourite Sword and Sorcery films, directed by the wonderful John Boorman (‘Deliverance’) in 1981.
It’s wonderful to see so many now instantly recognisable, accomplished character actors in one spell-binding film. A joy and feast for the eyes from start to finish. :smiley:

4 Likes

Love it! Been years since I have seen it but always one of my favorite Hammer Thrillers.

2 Likes

Just bought three more titles from the ‘Indicator’ sale, which ends today, at 2pm.

4 Likes

5 Likes

I used to love the ‘Firefly’ TV series…while ‘Close Encounters’ has always been one of my favourite Sci-Fi’s…

2 Likes

Note: The sale was supposed to end on Fri 31st March; ‘Indicator’ has now extended the sale until 2pm on Monday, 3rd April…for anyone who is still interested in parting with more cash. :grin:

I love Firefly. I just re-watched it not long ago. It is just a shame that FOX screwed up so bad with it’s release (releasing the episodes out of order :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:) then cancelled it. I have read about what they planned going forward and it sounded like it was going to be incredible.

2 Likes

My last four films (hopefully) from the ‘Indicator’ sale…

Starting with ‘The Chase’. One of those films that I remember vaguely from my childhood…especially the part where Marlon Brando has the living daylights kicked out of him…Being such a young age, i must have watched it in black and white, on a 4:3 TV.
I’m looking forward to re-visiting this ‘memory’ in colour, and in a decent format…

I’ve followed it up with a classic William Castle ‘novelty’ film, ‘13 Ghosts’, and two ‘Hammer’ War movies…both of which are as gritty, tough, and uncompromising as you can get.

4 Likes

Bought:

4 Likes

Bought:

2 Likes

Bought:

1 Like

I just couldn’t resist one last purchase from the ‘Indicator’ sale…

2 Likes

Some new additions:

Part of the Onetti brothers so-called “Giallo Trilogy” (along with Sonno Profondo and Abrakadabra). This one is nearly impossible to find in the U.S. and this German release is the only one I’ve come across.

Essentially a remake of Eyes Without a Face but, since it has Peter Cushing, I have always been curious about this one.

Another sleazy curiosity purchase from Jose Luis Madrid that I got a good deal on.

5 Likes

Some nice additions there @LankyGringo

1 Like

Ordered this beauty yesterday

I already own the majority of these films on UK Blu Rays, but dang it I just love the collaborative harmony Lenzi and Milian had with each other, and the CD soundtracks for I believe all the films included is a great bonus. I got it for $35 after using one of my Amazon gift cards, and as of today there’s a limited time deal price of $100 on Amazon, so if anyone’s got gift cards that can lower the price to 50, 30, or even free if you’ve got 100 dollar one, snag it up now.

5 Likes

I saw parts of Excalibur back in 2003-04 for my Sophomore year English course in High School, and I remember thinking how strange but fascinating John Boorman’s take on the Arthurian Legends was. That original poster cover is cool. Sure wish HMV shipped to the US, or at least had a deal with a US supplier for anyone interested in importing the Premium releases.

1 Like

2 Likes

Just pre-ordered this:

And I will be pre-ordering their new announcement of The Iron Prefect when it becomes available on Amazon :+1:

7 Likes

From an Swdb amazon link pls :wink:

I’ll cancel and reorder using the referral thingy. Would this be the link I do to use it? https://amzn.to/3GmngmZ
I didn’t really understand it in the Amazon referral thread, I’ve just put the tag bit at the end of the link. Is that all I need to do?