I Came, I Saw, I Shot / I tre che sconvolsero il West (Enzo G. Castellari, 1968)

Put this in the other night and had to take it outā€¦a poor oneā€¦if anyone thinks Iā€™m wrong, let me knowā€¦

I donā€™t know at the moment which Castellari film this is (probaly any Gun Can Play?), but there is a thread for it under its better known title (check the database, there should be a link to the thread). Please ask your question there again and erase this thread.

Seems to be I Came, I saw, I shot

Apparently it was called One Dollar too Many in the US. Any Gun can Play was For a Few Bullets More.
I guess Kill them all and come back alone was A Fistful of Civil War Bastards

itā€™s one of the most crap SWs i ever seen!!!

Yes it is, and the topics are merged now.

(Where was the silent merger when the world needed him?)

well, somebody should switch on his mergsignal in the time of crisis

Watched this one for the first time, and it will be the last time. Starts ok, and then itā€™s all down hill. Although the three leads are good especially John Saxon, itā€™s the stupid comedy that makes this a turkey.1.5/5

I think this one has some good bits. I like the part when Wolff has Sabato tied up and he keeps shooting the ropes. I also laughed at some of the comedy. The music did give me a headache though. Itā€™s one of those films that doesnā€™t let you rest.

Rossella Bergamonti is Conchita, the saloon singer bringing luck to Saxonā€™s poker game. IMDB has Edy Biagetti as Mr. Baker. I assume they mean the cheating poker player. Biagetti is also credited in Il bianco, il giallo, il nero. Comparing to Biagettiā€™s page here he appears to be one of the Watson brothers.

Josefina Serratosa is Mrs Carey, trying to keep her horny old man (Antonio Vico) away from pretty girls. Leonardo Scavino, last picture from Keomo, is the banker who is at the poker game and later robbed.

Roberto Font, here credited as Roberto Fuente (could be his real name?), is Miguel Fuentes, father of Rosaria (Agata Flori) and the Fuentes clan. Pilar Vela is not Pilar Velasquez but Pilar Vela, credited in a few westerns including Los rebeldes de Arizona (2nd) and In the Dust of the Sun. She is Maria, the mother of the Fuentes clan (1st pic).

@JonathanCorbett, I was sure you had posted about Caterina Trentini, but I canā€™t find it. Iā€™m not sure about her. We have her as the newlywed bride. Do you know if this is she?

2 Likes

Probably youā€™re referring to The Guess a Movie Screenshot Thread, itā€™s been three and a half years. :slight_smile:

I think itā€™s her, have you found alternative possibilities?

Could be, even though according to various web sources his full name was Roberto Font DonĆ­s, son of actors Enrique Font and Elisa DonĆ­s.

These are the other female characters. The first 2 are speaking roles.

So itā€™s confirmed, Caterina plays the newlywed bride.

1 Like

Is anybody after this one? I have the old UK VHS. I can sell or trade it.

1 Like

Do you still have this? lol, know its july 13th 2021,but have to ask. really like this one ,did enjoy it.

If not, it can be found on ā€œThe Spaghetti Western Bible Presents the Fast, the Saved, and the Damnedā€ box set which can typically be purchased for a very reasonable price if you look around a bit.

Tre che sconvolsero il West - vado, vedo e sparo, I/DVD - The Spaghetti Western Database (spaghetti-western.net)

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2022 thread:

This filmā€™s entry in our database has been updated to the new layout. Please report any errors. We welcome additions such as facts and trivia, links, reviews, or pictures etc

Maybe I went in with low expectations with this one, but I was actually pretty entertained. Having been made between Johnny Hamlet and Kill Them All and Come Back Alone, Castellariā€™s visual style is pretty polished (some may find him too flashy or gimmicky, but I really like his camera eye and pacing overall as a director). The script relies on some tropes, but this almost seemed to be kind of the point, as it feels satirical in tone. All of the lead performances are high energy and you can tell they had a lot of fun making it, which is infectious. As others have mentioned, it starts off really well, and each character is distinct and quirky in their own way. There are certain elements a bit underdeveloped, such as John Saxonā€™s magic trickery, and perhaps this is evidence of a bit too much thrown into the pot at times. The downside for me (as in with many spaghetti western comedies) is the slapstick stuff ā€“ you either love it or hate it. It takes up a bit more of the middle than I would like and if you donā€™t care for this, itā€™s a bit of a trudge through those sections. That having been said, if you donā€™t go in expecting too much like I did, I think itā€™s a fun ride. Rating: 6/10.

5 Likes

Never seen this one. Wish there was a good release.

1 Like

Agreed. The Grjngo Channel on Youtube has a nice quality version (which is where I watched it), but it may be edited ā€“ the runtime is 4 minutes shorter than IMDB states it should be. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uEwdURZ4J8

It is also available in the U.S. on the ā€œSpaghetti Western Bible - The Fast, The Saved, and the Damnedā€ box set. I am guessing ā€“ being a cheaper box set ā€“ that the video quality will be worse than the Grjngo Channel version, but I think Iā€™m going to pick the set up to see if it is an uncut version. That box set has other movies Iā€™m interested in checking out as well anyway. Will report back if I see any differences.

1 Like