Have a Good Funeral, My Friend … Sartana Will Pay / Buon funerale amigos! … Paga Sartana (Giuliano Carnimeo, 1970)

(Reza) #101

Half of the movie was nice(until 40 mins)
but after that it goes poor…
and still a nice music

(Asa) #102

I like this one. Well, in truth I like all of the Sartanas almost equally, but I guess if pressed I’d say that this is (narrowly) my favourite of the sequels. It’s still wacky and a bit overcomplicated but not as much as Angel of Death, Trade Your Guns For a Coffin or Light the Fuse, and it’s a slightly better film for that, IMO. Or maybe it’s a slightly easier movie to digest, perhaps. It features one of my favourite scores, a wonderfully jolly, pacey affair by Bruno Nicolai, and Mr. Garko always looks pretty cool in his signature role but I think his portrayal in Have a Good Funeral is the definitive “look” for Sartana. A brilliant “Sunday Afternoon” movie.

(Menschenjaeger) #103

Is that abrupt ending the actual ending? Are we missing yet another double-cross (with Abigail, one would assume), or are we just missing a ride off into the horizon…?

(JonathanCorbett) #104

The latter, I think.

You would be spot on sir!

(JonathanCorbett) #106

I cannot understand why they changed it on the X-Rated and Suevia DVDs…

(Phil H) #107

Watched this as part of this year’s Spagvemberfest and would still rate it as my favourite (just) of the series. I have an emotional attachment to Angel of Death but I think this one just pips it. Favourite line is when Sartana says to George Wang’s character “I thought you were a cripple” and he shoots back “No, I’m just a very lazy man.” :laughing:

(Michael Baker) #108

This Sartana film has the best score of the series in my opinion. (In the musical sense)

(Bill san Antonio) #109

You’re not the only one. Theme music is one of the most recycled in spaghs.

(Asa) #110

Yeah, I love this one. One of the cheapo box sets (forget which one) uses this music for its title menus, I end up leaving the title menu on instead of watching the films!

Excuse me?

(Phil H) #112

(morgan) #113

Why not? As long as Sartana will pay…

Have a Good Outrageously Priced Amazon Purchase, My Friend… Sartana May or May Not Pay.

(Asa) #115

Poke It Right Up Your Starfish, My Friend… Last Caress Will Definitely Not Pay

(ENNIOO) #116

Stupid price !

(The Man With a Name) #117

I decided to watch the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Sartana films back to back and have decided that this is my least favourite of them all.

But… the music :frowning:

(The Man With a Name) #119

The music is terrific but I feel like it is the weakest of the four Garko Sartanas. This is my list of the best to the worst:

If You Meet Sartana, Pray for Your Death
Light the Fuse… Sartana is Coming!
Sartana, Angel of Death
Have a Good Funeral, My Friend… Sartana Will Pay

I like them all though. I would give the first and fourth films 4/5 and the second and third 3/5.

(Sebastian) #120

So it is part of the BluRay box, just wanna make sure everyone gets that box :wink:

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Buon_funerale,_amigos!.._paga_Sartana/BluRay

See the BluRay news topic…