Have a Good Funeral, My Friend … Sartana Will Pay / Buon funerale amigos! … Paga Sartana (Giuliano Carnimeo, 1970)

Half of the movie was nice(until 40 mins)
but after that it goes poor…
and still a nice music

I like this one. Well, in truth I like all of the Sartanas almost equally, but I guess if pressed I’d say that this is (narrowly) my favourite of the sequels. It’s still wacky and a bit overcomplicated but not as much as Angel of Death, Trade Your Guns For a Coffin or Light the Fuse, and it’s a slightly better film for that, IMO. Or maybe it’s a slightly easier movie to digest, perhaps. It features one of my favourite scores, a wonderfully jolly, pacey affair by Bruno Nicolai, and Mr. Garko always looks pretty cool in his signature role but I think his portrayal in Have a Good Funeral is the definitive “look” for Sartana. A brilliant “Sunday Afternoon” movie.

Is that abrupt ending the actual ending? Are we missing yet another double-cross (with Abigail, one would assume), or are we just missing a ride off into the horizon…?

The latter, I think.

You would be spot on sir!

I cannot understand why they changed it on the X-Rated and Suevia DVDs…

Watched this as part of this year’s Spagvemberfest and would still rate it as my favourite (just) of the series. I have an emotional attachment to Angel of Death but I think this one just pips it. Favourite line is when Sartana says to George Wang’s character “I thought you were a cripple” and he shoots back “No, I’m just a very lazy man.” :laughing:

This Sartana film has the best score of the series in my opinion. (In the musical sense)

You’re not the only one. Theme music is one of the most recycled in spaghs.

Yeah, I love this one. One of the cheapo box sets (forget which one) uses this music for its title menus, I end up leaving the title menu on instead of watching the films!

Excuse me?

1 Like

Why not? As long as Sartana will pay…

Have a Good Outrageously Priced Amazon Purchase, My Friend… Sartana May or May Not Pay.

2 Likes

Poke It Right Up Your Starfish, My Friend… Last Caress Will Definitely Not Pay

2 Likes

Stupid price !

I decided to watch the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Sartana films back to back and have decided that this is my least favourite of them all.

But… the music :frowning:

The music is terrific but I feel like it is the weakest of the four Garko Sartanas. This is my list of the best to the worst:

If You Meet Sartana, Pray for Your Death
Light the Fuse… Sartana is Coming!
Sartana, Angel of Death
Have a Good Funeral, My Friend… Sartana Will Pay

I like them all though. I would give the first and fourth films 4/5 and the second and third 3/5.

So it is part of the BluRay box, just wanna make sure everyone gets that box :wink:

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Buon_funerale,_amigos!.._paga_Sartana/BluRay

See the BluRay news topic…