Have a Good Funeral, My Friend … Sartana Will Pay / Buon funerale amigos! … Paga Sartana (Giuliano Carnimeo, 1970)

[quote=“sartana1968, post:59, topic:1352”]i loved the 3 sartana with garko but not this one, and the resasons:
1.this has low bodycount
2.sartana he was very slow with rifle
3. very stupid ending
4. very bad cast
5. boring plot
6. boring dialogs
7. very litle action[/quote]

That’s clear!

Don’t remember much of this one
I think I saw it some twenty years ago. I bought the Italian disc for a few bucks a while ago, but haven’t watched it yet

Is Daniela Giordano really in it?
In that case …

Oh yeah, and she is pretty good in it.

Sartana68 your disliking as a true Sartana fan for this one confuses my really. For me it is the best of the 4, or at least as good as the first, and it is impossible for me to understand what it makes so much worse for you than the other 2 directed by Carnimeo.

[quote=“Stanton, post:62, topic:1352”]Oh yeah, and she is pretty good in it.

Sartana68 your disliking as a true Sartana fan for this one confuses my really. For me it is the best of the 4, or at least as good as the first, and it is impossible for me to understand what it makes so much worse for you than the other 2 directed by Carnimeo.[/quote]

Yes that is indeed mindboggling. It’s not my favourite but it is the most well-rounded one in the series and has plenty of action like the chase on horseback after the baddies in the coffins on the back of the wagon–and that great camera angle of Sartana as he’s aiming the rifle. Also the classic scene where Sartana shoots a guy with the rifle around the back of his head and then whips it around to shoot the rest of the baddies.

Well, he gives seven reasons …

I’m not sure, but if my memory serves me well, the movie is a bit ‘darker’ than the other three. I think it was also less gimmick-ridden.
This might be the reason for not liking it as much as the others.
I don’t remember anything of the plot, but usually plots are not essential to Sartana movies

Closer to the first than the other 2.

Probably Sartana68 has copy pasted the 7 points from his OuTW review. :wink:

Let’s say 9 of the 7 points do not apply to Have a good Funeral. Or maybe the Greek version was shortened by 80 min. In that case he might be right.

I’ll try to watch it this week, so I can judge for myself

[quote=“Stanton, post:65, topic:1352”]Closer to the first than the other 2.

Let’s say 9 of the 7 points do not apply to Have a good Funeral. Or maybe the Greek version was shortened by 80 min. In that case he might be right.[/quote]

LOL

This was actually the very first Sartana that I saw so it holds a special place in my heart. I too find it wierd to like the first movie so much and not like this one one bit. I actually found this one more gimmicky than the others (Chinese foot torture box!?!).

:o Why don’t I have any recollection of that?

Maybe you fell asleep before that…it’s a short bit near the end.

[quote=“Stanton, post:65, topic:1352”]Closer to the first than the other 2.

Let’s say 9 of the 7 points do not apply to Have a good Funeral. Or maybe the Greek version was shortened by 80 min. In that case he might be right.[/quote]
no the version i had was the german Xrated cult

where do you see action in this borefest??? i’am blind??? well maybe…

Finally, I have me some English subs. I’ll be watching this one in Italian soon, see what I think of it now.

[quote=“sartana1968, post:59, topic:1352”]i loved the 3 sartana with garko but not this one, and the resasons:
1.this has low bodycount[/quote]

That’s not something that makes the movie bad, or good for that matter.

2.sartana he was very slow with rifle

Like when he shoots one guy with his rifle over his shoulder, then proceeds to quickly kill the rest of the enemies?

3. very stupid ending

How was the ending stupid? We think the girl escapes with the money, but Sartana reaches her, what more do you want?

4. very bad cast 5. boring plot 6. boring dialogs

Confucious says: he who has an opinion about something shall not take it as a fact.

7. very litle action

I think the action was not only enough, but every single action sequence came with a good sense of pacing. Having action sequences for the sake of it could make the movie tedious instead of exciting.

As a fan of the Sartana franchise i’ll say this one is one of my favorites. Then again, i like all the (Garko) Sartana flicks in one way or another. I just find the second film to be the weakest of the bunch, i really can’t even remember anything about that one.

I agree with your post word for word :wink:

[quote=“TetsuPhoenix, post:73, topic:1352”]That’s not something that makes the movie bad, or good for that matter.

Like when he shoots one guy with his rifle over his shoulder, then proceeds to quickly kill the rest of the enemies?

How was the ending stupid? We think the girl escapes with the money, but Sartana reaches her, what more do you want?

Confucious says: he who has an opinion about something shall not take it as a fact.

I think the action was not only enough, but every single action sequence came with a good sense of pacing. Having action sequences for the sake of it could make the movie tedious instead of exciting.

As a fan of the Sartana franchise i’ll say this one is one of my favorites. Then again, i like all the (Garko) Sartana flicks in one way or another. I just find the second film to be the weakest of the bunch, i really can’t even remember anything about that one.[/quote]
i mean very stupid ending, i expect a big gunfight at the end and it has nothing
just the stupid fist fight with the chienese…

my ratings to the oficial sartana series:
‘if you meet sartana pray for your death’ 6 out of 5 8)
‘light the fuse sartana is coming’ 5 out of 5 ;D
’sartana the gravediger’ 4 out of 5 :slight_smile:
‘sartana is here trade your pistol for a coffin’ 3 out of 5 :slight_smile:
‘Have a good Funeral, Sartana Will Pay’ 1 out of 5 :o

Yikes, you’re a Sartana fan and you gave this 1 out of 5? What’s more you rated the knock-off Sartana movie with no Garko in it 2 points higher lol

1 point and that is very much!!!

Your one point vote for this film doesn’t make any sense for me either.

Nobody asked me, but i will post it anyway. The second Sartana film is, again, for me the lowest of all. The plot goes at such a slugish pacing, and i really don’t remember that much action in that one. I do remember how annoyed i was with the camera constantly spinning everytime somebody getting shot. The soundtrack was invisible, and overall the movie is just not memorable in any way. “Have a Good Funeral” has better pacing, better plot and overall is just a more solid film.