God Forgives … I Don’t! / Dio perdona … io no! (Giuseppe Colizzi, 1967)

Agreed. The atmosphere is spot on, the humour dry and dusty, the action gritty and the principal characters neatly sketched.

It bugs me that Ace High (3.5 stars) and Boot Hill (3 stars - I like it, dammit) are widely available on DVD, yet God Forgives… isn’t - for English speakers, anyway. I still only have it on VHS and unfortunately I think the Dutch Film Works version is OOP, or at least very rare.

[quote=“Starblack, post:61, topic:607”]Agreed. The atmosphere is spot on, the humour dry and dusty, the action gritty and the principal characters neatly sketched.

It bugs me that Ace High (3.5 stars) and Boot Hill (3 stars - I like it, dammit) are widely available on DVD, yet God Forgives… isn’t - for English speakers, anyway. I still only have it on VHS and unfortunately I think the Dutch Film Works version is OOP, or at least very rare.[/quote]
Got a spare one of this as well. I’ll trade it for some other spaghetti dvd.

Don’t think I have anything worth trading BL, apart from frankly poor releases of things like Tessari’s Zorro and Today It’s Me

El Coyote you have, and that one is very rare.

True, I forgot about that one, but it’s a DVD-R - I don’t think abybody would want to trade an original disc for a copy, though they’d be welcome to.

In that case I have to thank scherpy again for kindly sending me this. Cheers amigo.

About reviews and the problems to link to them

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/God_forgives…_I_don%27t!_Review

Can anyone explain why this link doesn’t work (and how I can make it work; I’ve tried a dozen times times now, but it seems to be beyond my means, capacities and imagination)

And then there’s still the problem of this man. I’m still not sure whether it is, or is not, Robert Hossein. I noticed Chris thinks it’s not him. I still have the idea it’s him, on the second screeshot he eve looks more like Hossein.

For those who want to check the scene: it’s on the 40 minutes mark, and it’s a very short (but beautiful) scene

[/URL]

[URL=http://img705.imageshack.us/i/vlcsnap2009120422h53m05.jpg/][url]http://img42.imageshack.us/i/vlcsnap2009120422h53m57.jpg/[/url]

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:67, topic:607”]About reviews and the problems to link to them

Can anyone explain why this link doesn’t work (and how I can make it work; I’ve tried a dozen times times now, but it seems to be beyond my means, capacities and imagination)[/quote]

I was going to suggest it may be caused by the apostrophe in the title but that doesn’t seem to affect the empty page we keep getting directed to. So maybe it doesn’t like the exclamation mark after it?
It’s a puzzling one alright. :-\

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:67, topic:607”]And then there’s still the problem of this man. I’m still not sure whether it is, or is not, Robert Hossein. I noticed Chris thinks it’s not him. I still have the idea it’s him, on the second screeshot he eve looks more like Hossein.

For those who want to check the scene: it’s on the 40 minutes mark, and it’s a very short (but beautiful) scene[/quote]

He does look like him, but I think it is also probably someone else. I’ll check it out on my copy though.

don’t use the quick reply field, use the real one, and then use the link button and include it as the URL = whatever, and then give your link a name. forces the forum to use the complete URL, despite the unusual characters in it

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:67, topic:607”]About reviews and the problems to link to them

Can anyone explain why this link doesn’t work (and how I can make it work; I’ve tried a dozen times times now, but it seems to be beyond my means, capacities and imagination)

And then there’s still the problem of this man. I’m still not sure whether it is, or is not, Robert Hossein. I noticed Chris thinks it’s not him. I still have the idea it’s him, on the second screeshot he eve looks more like Hossein.

For those who want to check the scene: it’s on the 40 minutes mark, and it’s a very short (but beautiful) scene

[/URL]

[URL=http://img705.imageshack.us/i/vlcsnap2009120422h53m05.jpg/][url]http://img42.imageshack.us/i/vlcsnap2009120422h53m57.jpg/[/url][/quote]

It isn’t, Hossein.
Unfortunately, I don’t know this actor’s name, but he appears as a card player in one of the opening sequences of the early SW, DEGUELLO, and he is also gunned down on the stairs in MASSACRE TIME.
This actor is much thinner and has a much more narrow face (and higher forehead) than Hossein. Also, if you look closely at the eyebrows (in the other thread where I posted comparative shots of Hossein) you can see some major differences.

Finally a voice of reason! Sure the eys are simialar but what else? And I seriously see no logic for Hossein in that role.

You do have a way of saying these thing, korano

@ Chris:

I dont have Deguello (never seen it actually), but I do have a DVD of Massacre Time, is this stairs scene near the end, during the final shootout?

Hahaha! Better than I told you so.

It is near the end, I’m sure.

Yes, that is the one.

I know that this is not Hossein.

This actor (or more accurately stunt performer) appears in many small scenes in Spaghetti Westerns. Usually, these scenes are enitrely action-oriented and he is shot within a few seconds of making his entrance.

Even if I didn’t recognize this actor’s face from other films, it just simply isn’t logical for Hossein to have done this small bit.
Scherp, look at it this way…would Hoseein travel to Spain to do just a few seconds of a film for someone he “might” have known because they were a friend of his friend, Leone? Also, this is largely a stunt sequence. I know the guy doesn’t do much of a “stunt” as far as most viewers would be concerned. He just gets shot by Frank Wolff and falls straight back. But, believe it or not, that sort of fall is really dangerous to do, unless you are a trained stuntman (no matter how much they might have padded the ground). The scene only lasts a few seconds, but to make sure no one was injured doing the sequence, I am sure they spent a large amount of time creating it. You are dealing with a lot of factors in this very brief scene. Horses, firearms, make-up and costuming, the lighting, and so forth. I am sure it was a full-day, or a half-day worth of work. Hossein would not have just “been in the neighborhood” and volunteered to do this. It would have been something carefully planned and organized from the very beginning. Therefore, I think it is too much of a stretch of plausibility to think that Hossein would have traveled to Spain to take such a role–where there is even the slightest chance he might be hurt-- and that lasts only a few seconds without dialogue, for a director that he likely (at this point) did not even know.
Also, Hossein likes to talk about ALL of the things he has done in the movies…and he has never said anything about having appeared in GOD FORGIVES–I DON’T, to my knowledge.

So, even looking at it objectively, it really doesn’t make sense that it would be Hossein.

:stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

By the way, scherp my amigo…I don’t mean to sound like I am attacking you, at all.

Haha, why not attack him a bit: :wink:

when I saw the scene in the film yesterday, and I saw him falling back, I was also sure that they wouldn’t have done this with Hossein

But generally in regard of cameos:

Of course he wouldn’t have travelled. It makes only sense if he was already there for whatever reasons.

Cameos don’t have necessarily to make any sense, as they are often only a bit of fun for the involved persons. Or a minor inside joke.
And they are often uncredited.

Don’t worry

Okay, it’s not him, I’ll remove his name from the review

sorry guys, not a fan of this one, i guess i’m not a fan of Terence Hill/ Bud Spencer pairings in films,i prefer their seperate performances in films.“God Forgives, I Don’t” starts off very well, and at first i thought i may be in for a good, dark film, but alas not. A t least the silliness that i.m.o mars the other films isn’t so much in evidence here, although it is in a few spots. i’d agree that Frank Woolf is a good villain here, film is ok in spots but just doesn’t push many good buttons with me. 5/10