Global DVD (Naushad - South Africa)

[quote=“Søren, post:100, topic:563”]Actually I was wrong. The cover says 86 minutes but it is actually 88 mins. 27 seconds to be precise :slight_smile: And this is PAL time. NTSC-time would be something like 92 minutes.

What aspect ratio is the ‘Jerksi’-version ?[/quote]

The time of the Jerksi version I quoted of 87 minutes and 35 seconds is to when the ‘End’ title comes on the screen.
However… if you let the film play past the End title, the theme song is still playing with a black screen which gives a running time of 88 minutes and 17 seconds…

The aspect ratio of this version is around 1.85/1.95 and this ratio has been cropped, with the original ratio (like you pointed out on the Global version) probably being 2.35.1.

Which means that if the two version were combined (Jerksi’s being cropped in the sides and the Global Video cropped in top/bottom) we could actually get the correct 2.35:1 aspect ratio. I’d like to see someone taking on that challenge :slight_smile:

Interesting stuff!

And actually untrue. The top/bottom would still be cropped of the stuff lying outside the 1.85:1 range though, so only a semi 2.35:1 could be made… Look forward to be seeing One More To Hell though, that movie’s got a great cast and a very catchy score.

you can buy them from this site in usa or cinecity

http://www.fareastflix.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

[quote=“warrior, post:105, topic:563”]you can buy them from this site in usa or cinecity

http://www.fareastflix.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?[/quote]
And at damn fine prices I might add :slight_smile:

Just noticed Naushad is currently showing as not a registered user on E.Bay…

[quote=“Søren, post:88, topic:563”]Lola Colt is also coming from Global Video:

Nice. Keep’em coming :)[/quote]
Was this ever released??? Never encountered it…

Not as yet, I only have a fullscreen poor quality VHS copy which is in need of an upgrade.

I liked the His Life is Mine DVD. The first 15 minutes look great - I was thrilled. The picture dims a little bit in places after this… the movie itself is great though, any western fan will enjoy it. I must say it’s the worst looking DVD on the shelf, though. Even the homemade covers I made with black and white photocopies look better.

[quote=“TurboJoe, post:110, topic:563”]I liked the His Life is Mine DVD. The first 15 minutes look great - I was thrilled. The picture dims a little bit in places after this… the movie itself is great though, any western fan will enjoy it. I must say it’s the worst looking DVD on the shelf, though. Even the homemade covers I made with black and white photocopies look better. [/quote]There’s a nice looking custom cover for it at Shobary’s site.

hi everyone,back again.been ill for a while

yep,i have been booted off ebay due to selling 35mm print of fist of fury
its suppose to be a pd title in usa thats why i was selling it but ebay has double standards,so i told them to $#@& off

More info on Lola Colt

[quote=“Søren, post:97, topic:563”]Got the two new spaghetti western releases from Global Video, Ringo the Lone Rider and One More To Hell and here’s a short comment on quality.

Ringo the Lone Rider is the better of the two I think but nowhere near as good picture quality as Night of the Serpent (which was Koch Media-perfect) still I can’t imagine the Wild East release will be any better as that release will very probably suffer from PAL->NTSC problems (like they nearly always do :slight_smile: ) so definetely recommended. Presented in 1.85:1 which is apparently the original aspect ratio and running 81 minutes. Wild East are stating on their website that their Ringo the Lone Rider will be in 2.35:1 but that is probably false and they have been known to state a different aspect ratio than what was eventually found on the disc.[/quote]

Just got the Wild East Ringo The Lone Rider (which also includes The Cobra of course) and the widescreen ratio is 2.35, unlike the Global issue which you say is in 1.85.

OK. Great. No reason not to get it then … Imdb.com states 1.85:1 as being the OAR but it ain’t the first time they’ve been wrong. Thanks for the info.

Question to Warrior:

Is there any chance to get a release of the following ones:

El puro
John the Bastard
The Cost of Dying

sorry,no

The image doesn’t look squished at all? Based on the conversation at SWWB it seems they might have made the same mistake again which they made with Sartana and Gentleman Killer (Sartana appearing as 2.35:1 and Gentleman Killer even wider…)

A little perhaps, but not like Gentleman Killer:

Thanks for the screenshots!

To me it seems though that it should probably be 1.85:1 and that’s what it is on the WE disc except it has the anamorphic flag which stretches it into 2.35:1.

This is one of the images you gave, in 720x480 which is the NTSC resolution on DVD.

If the disc were non-anamorphic, it would produce this result when viewed (720x540, 4:3):

And if anamorphic, which I suppose it is, it would look like this (720x405, 16:9):

The bottom one looks squished to me (and produces an aspect ratio of 2.35:1) and I think the middle one is the best (and is about 1.76:1)