Global DVD (Naushad - South Africa)

I thought this was going to be a double-feature with Blood at Sundown ???

no double feature only released the same time.i dont believe in double features.it does not sell in south africa.
they will just be released same time thats all

does it say “Broud” to present on the front cover?

I think it does but also think this is a first draft cover so it is surely bound to be proof-read before final printing ;D

yes.it has been corrected

Hi Naushad, What happened to the original ‘Ten Killers From Afar’ cover? I think it’s a lot better!

WONT WORK OVER HERE IN SOUTH AFRICA
I PREFER THE NEW ONE.IT TELLS ALLOT MORE ABOUT THE MOVIE

Lola Colt is also coming from Global Video:

Nice. Keep’em coming :slight_smile:

yes and many more after sept only

Sounds damn fine… Looking forward to be receiving the Ringo the Lone Rider and One More To Hell releases.

I found this link interesting:
http://www.payvand.com/news/07/aug/1130.html

Have 'One More In Hell and ‘Ringo The Lone Rider’ been realeased yet? It’s all gone a bit quiet! Thanks!

does globaldvd not have an official website or something?

They should be out. I should have gotten copies of them but alas they seem to be lost somewhere in transit between South Africa and Denmark or just heavily delayed :slight_smile:

One should be coming… I know that Naushad has mentioned serpentdvd.com several times but alas it obviously ain’t up yet.

Are his items still sold on E. Bay?, as I have not seen him have any items up for sale for a while…

no stock left.will be getting more on friday
site should be up soon. waiting on bank to make m a credit card merchant .
thsi way u can order from me by using your card.
taking order for cangaceiro now

Got the two new spaghetti western releases from Global Video, Ringo the Lone Rider and One More To Hell and here’s a short comment on quality.

Ringo the Lone Rider is the better of the two I think but nowhere near as good picture quality as Night of the Serpent (which was Koch Media-perfect) still I can’t imagine the Wild East release will be any better as that release will very probably suffer from PAL->NTSC problems (like they nearly always do :slight_smile: ) so definetely recommended. Presented in 1.85:1 which is apparently the original aspect ratio and running 81 minutes. Wild East are stating on their website that their Ringo the Lone Rider will be in 2.35:1 but that is probably false and they have been known to state a different aspect ratio than what was eventually found on the disc.

One More To Hell looks fine too but there is something wrong with the aspect ratio. It is presented as being non-anamorphic but the picture is stretched high. This is ‘fixed’ though by forcing it in anamorphic mode and thereby an aspect ratio of something like 2.85:1 but the top and bottom has clearly been cropped, which make good sense as the original aspect ratio is 2.35:1. I take it this is due to the source and is not a fault of the conversion process. The picture looks fine and the runtime for the whole deal is 86 minutes. A nice replacement for my fullscreen copy :slight_smile:

I had this problem with a stretched (I called it ‘warped’) image too. The Wild East ‘Arizona Colt’ release is clearly stretched/warped and it took me quite some time to adjust the picture. ‘The Hellbenders’ of the St. Clair Vision box is slightly stretched too, my version of My Name is Nobody (Atlantic) is slightly stretched, and I remember a film with van Cleef (don’t remember which one) with the same problem.

When you have to force the film in anamorphic (16/9) mode, the DVD apparently wasn’t correctly ‘flagged’ (I think that is the term), but I don’t know what causes this ‘slightly stretched’ image.
Maybe one of the wizzards on the forum can clarify this.

The Jerksi bootleg version has a running time of 87 minutes and 35 seconds…will this be due to it being an NTSC region free version?

Yes it’s obviously not correctly flagged as being anamorphic but my guess is that this ‘error’ was with the source aswell. Doesn’t make much difference though. But it’s just seldom that a cropping of the top and bottom occurs. Usually we are presented with movies cropped in the sides.

Actually I was wrong. The cover says 86 minutes but it is actually 88 mins. 27 seconds to be precise :slight_smile: And this is PAL time. NTSC-time would be something like 92 minutes.

What aspect ratio is the ‘Jerksi’-version ?