Global DVD (Naushad - South Africa)

just got the latest 4 releases of global dvd! great movies! specialy the english widescreen of fedra west! you cant find it anywere! its a real must for every collecter!

Hi , just got my copy of Fedra West too - never before released in english this one is a must have its an awesome release - very happy highly recommended
thanks Naushad and GlobalDVD

p.s. is that you tom?? in a new guise :slight_smile:

where can those dvds be obtained?

hi, You can get them directectly from naushad:
videob@telkomsa.net

he also lists them on ebay:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZvideo786QQhtZ-1

he has some more great films lined up if these sell well so definately go for it im going to buy all of them
adios
mark

[quote=ā€œmark, post:4, topic:563ā€]hi, You can get them directectly from naushad:
videob@telkomsa.net

he also lists them on ebay:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZvideo786QQhtZ-1

he has some more great films lined up if these sell well so definately go for it im going to buy all of them
adios
mark[/quote]
thanks for the info, iā€™ve already managed to conact him while database was down:)
he sure has got some great stuff

iā€™m wondering when somebody will take the japanese Il Mercenario DVD and release an awesome bootleg from that material. actually iā€™d like to see wild east do that. no wait, actually i want MGM to fuckin finally do that :slight_smile:
or Koch Mediaā€¦

Uh yes. Il Mercenario is definitely missed on official dvd outside of Japan. My favourite spaghetti. I would rather want a nice Koch Media release than a barebones release from MGM though.

These global dvdā€™s what are the quality like because they are quite expensive for bootlegs?

I only have ā€œHis Life Is Mineā€ from them at the moment, but the quality is better than i thought it would be, and there are definitely more titles that i want. They are quite pricey though. I got mine from Xploited Cinema, they have all or most of them at $19.99 each.

HIS LIFE IS MINE appears to be one of the few GLOBAL RELEASES which is in 2.35 widescreen, as I noticed alot of the newer releaseā€™s are in FULLSCREEN or 1.85 widescreen.

Ahā€¦thatā€™s interesting to know. I had just assumed they would all be of a similar quality!

Hereā€™s a list:

His Life is Mine -> 2.35:1 (Non-anamorphic)
And Now Make Peace With God -> 4:3
Fedra West -> 2.35:1 (Anamorphic)
Kid Terror Of The West -> 1.85:1 (Non-anamorphic)
Man Called Invincible -> 2.35:1 (Non-anamorphic)
They Call Him Veritas/Chapaquaā€™s Gold -> both 4:3
The Moment to Kill -> 1.85 (Non-anamorphic)
Brother Outlaw -> 4:3
Finders Killers -> 4:3

All in all the picture quality is more than acceptable. The only rotten apple in the bunch is Fedra West which looks very worn. His Life is Mine and Man Called Invincible are the two ā€˜bestā€™ looking of the lot.

Speaking of Kid Terror Of The West, a spaghetti with children in many leding roles, is that a good/entertaining film or just stupid?

Anybody seen it?

[quote=ā€œSilvanito, post:13, topic:563ā€]Speaking of Kid Terror Of The West, a spaghetti with children in many leding roles, is that a good/entertaining film or just stupid?

Anybody seen it?[/quote]

Wouldnā€™t have seen it if it hadnā€™t been a spaghetti. Not as bad as I thought though, but you got to accept that what you are watching is mainly a movie made for kids. And as such it was failry entertaining. Not the worst spaghetti western Iā€™ve seen by far.

could someone add those dvd infos to the database? maybe with cover images, region info yada yadaā€¦

[quote=ā€œAvatarDK, post:12, topic:563ā€]Hereā€™s a list:
Fedra West -> 2.35:1 (Anamorphic)[/quote]

Does this disc actually work like it should for you? Atleast my copy works like a 1.85:1 letterboxed disc, I suppose thereā€™s something missing or done incorrectly so the player doesnā€™t recognize it as anamorphic. I can just stretch it with my TV though, so thereā€™s no problems.

My friends copy of FEDRA WEST (Global video) is in 1.85 widescreen.

Pretty sure it was 2.35:1 and not 1.85:1ā€¦ Watched it not many days ago. Canā€™t remember if my dvd player recognized it as anamorphic or if I ā€˜forcedā€™ it. Will take a look tonight.

Just checked. Fedra West IS 2.35:1 Anamorphic. And as my dvd-player always defaults to widescreen (I have to force it out of it when watching a full screen or non-anamorphic movie) I havenā€™t had any problems with the disc.

You have a widescreen TV in a 16:9 mode? That would explain a lot, because if that is the case, then it doesnā€™t matter if the disc is really working properly anamorphic or not.
Anyways, I claim it isnā€™t a proper anamorphic disc. ;D It has been done correctly (the image on the disc is stretched vertically) but the stuff is missing which makes the playerā€¦ or tv?!.. recognize it as anamorphic.

I checked now again and my disc is definitely letterboxed 1.85:1.
When I watch anamorphic discs, the widescreen tv and dvd player automatically just stretch the image horizontally as they are supposed to (no matter what mode my TV is on, although I always have it on ā€œautoā€), and tell me it is ā€œWIDEā€. But this disc works exactly like a letterboxed 1.85:1ā€¦ the TV in ā€œautoā€ mode zooms the image to fill the entire screen (making the aspect ratio remain 1.85:1) .
If I put my the TV to 16:9, then the aspect ratio is correct 2.35:1 because 16:9 mode just stretches horizontally no matter what kind of image (anamorphic, non-anamorphic, fullscreen).

The disc is almost a proper 2.35:1 anamorphic but one small detail is missing. I think. Iā€™m quite certain. ;D
There wonā€™t be any problems with widescreen TVs. But I do not know if people with regular TVs can see it correctlyā€¦ maybe by changing the player to think that the TV is 16:9 widescreen when it is not?