Global DVD (Naushad - South Africa)

It’s a pity that I wasn’t here during those glorious days of the forum ;D

Why did you? When I’ve ordered films from eBay it have only taken about a week for it to arrive.

Haha at least we now know who that is ;).

I left positive feedback because eventually I got the DVD I had purchased and secondly, like I’ve said, I sent payment after I received the DVD!

[quote=“Novecento, post:272, topic:563”]I guess this English language version of O’Cangaceiro is never going to happen?

I am about to order the French DVD from FNAC along with Sonny & Jed even though neither have English audio. Having said that O’Cangaceiro is probably better in the Italian anyway…[/quote]

Just ordered the French DVD of O’Cangaceiro - looking forward to seeing the interview with Fago on the second disc too. Am holding off on Sonny & Jed because I want English audio.

There is a fan version of O’Cangaceiro with english subtitles.

Thanks for letting me know, but French subtitles will be fine. Plus I’m keen to see the bonus features on the second disc.

I wonder how long the French disc is, the back cover claims 93minutes which would make it way too short. The Italian disc is something like that and I’m pretty sure I remember reading somewhere (maybe here?) that it was severely cut (some religious church stuff or whatever would be missing).

The film was 104 minutes in length when shown in 2006 in Finland (according to the rating info… didn’t see it myself because I’m stupid).

My German version has 102 min. It’s supposed to be uncut.

[quote=“Sundance, post:287, topic:563”]I wonder how long the French disc is, the back cover claims 93minutes which would make it way too short. The Italian disc is something like that and I’m pretty sure I remember reading somewhere (maybe here?) that it was severely cut (some religious church stuff or whatever would be missing).

The film was 104 minutes in length when shown in 2006 in Finland (according to the rating info… didn’t see it myself because I’m stupid).[/quote]

I’ll let you know. Although I think Scherp may already have a copy.

Yup, it’s 93 minutes so I’m assuming it’s the same version as on the Italian DVD. I wonder what happened to the missing 10 minutes? The French 2-disc collectors edition set is very nicely remastered with two really great documentaries “When the Western made its Revolution” and “Interview with Giovanni Fago” on the second disc, so it is curious that they did not included these 10 minutes.

I guess this guy is over and out???

Still sells stuff on E Bay, but no Spaghetti stuff recently though.

Difficult to track down, some ruined by bad PAL/NTSC conversion, but interesting titles nevertheless.

Look in very nice condition :slight_smile: .

I recently got Fidani´s “And now make peace with god” for 30 bucks. Yes i´m insane but it´s my life mission to own or at least check out every possible Fidani flick on this earth.

Anyway i was somewhat dissapointed by the PQ of the disc. The print is so dark you can hardly recognize any of the actor their faces half of the time. I didn´t even recognize Fabio Testi until i was halfway through the movie. Or am i the only one who found the print to be way too dark?

@Dr. Menard
You could do better if you had business with Tony Simonelli a.k.a Xploitedcinema.com. He still have ‘And Now Make Peace with God’ for USD7.95 + P&P.
http://cgi.ebay.com/AND-NOW-MAKE-PEACE-GOD-Fabio-Testi-DVD-Spagh-West-/380257967151?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray

Cheers amigo!

[quote=“Dr. Menard, post:295, topic:563”]I recently got Fidani´s “And now make peace with god” for 30 bucks. Yes i´m insane but it´s my life mission to own or at least check out every possible Fidani flick on this earth.

Anyway i was somewhat dissapointed by the PQ of the disc. The print is so dark you can hardly recognize any of the actor their faces half of the time. I didn´t even recognize Fabio Testi until i was halfway through the movie. Or am i the only one who found the print to be way too dark?[/quote]
Couldn’t remember so I had a quick look at it again and yes the print is quite dark, mostly noticeable during the interior scenes. Not only that but its 4:3! Like you though I’m just happy to have the film in my collection.

[quote=“djvaso, post:296, topic:563”]@Dr. Menard
You could do better if you had business with Tony Simonelli a.k.a Xploitedcinema.com. He still have ‘And Now Make Peace with God’ for USD7.95 + P&P.
http://cgi.ebay.com/AND-NOW-MAKE-PEACE-GOD-Fabio-Testi-DVD-Spagh-West-/380257967151?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray[/quote]
Yes some great bargains to be had from this great seller. If anyone is thinking about adding some of the Global discs to their collection now is the time, tsimonelli has quite a few titles on offer, they won’t be around for ever.

Wow, looks like i got jerked cause i ordered my disc directly from the xploited cinema website itself. Had i known that Tony was also selling them on ebay for only a fraction of that price i would have gotten my copy there.

I guess i can only blame myself in the end for not checking around first. But i do find it somewhat misleading to sell a DVD for 19,95 on your own website and then turn around and sell the same DVD again on ebay for 7,95. :frowning:

hi guys

i was absent for a hwile as i couldnt release anything on my own for a while as i had a contract with a retailer for 9 months .every title had to be approved and released thru them.
they screwed me over with bad sales and therfore i witheld the better title till now
cangaceiro,blood at sundown as well as end of the rainbow will be released shortly.my contract expired 30 sept 2010 and now i am free to sell to anyone

i listed stuff on ebay
i will try and release blood at sundown this month .cangaceiro next month and end of rainbow for december

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&gbh=1

Will At The End Of The Rainbow have english audio then ?