Finders Killers / Se t’incontro, t’ammazzo (Gianni Crea, 1971)

For my sins just viewed this one again.

Lots of horse riding, Dean Stratford playing a 70’s macho stud, Gordon Mitchell saying things like women have caused me problems in the past (but still manages to take the woman to bed), lets just put a load of junk in the street and shoot at stuff…and so on.

A typical Crea: Lousy story, lousy locations, lousy actors, stolen music (I think from The Ugly Ones)… = boring and stupid movie !

Well, at least O’Brian, Mitchell and Strano are participating ! They’re kind of fun to watch while they’re trying to act :slight_smile: !

Not as bad as Seven Devils on horseback or On the third day arrived the Crow but close and still considered to be a Trash-Western !

When viewing this,I at the very least expected some Fidani entertainment but Crea is a filmmaker seemingly uncapable of creating a believeable motion picture. I word I say in the same sentence with Crea at much displeasure.

I watched this yesterday on the Swedish Techno/Fletcher tape, what a complete mess, haha! Long shootingscenes and various guys acting “tough”, but very little of a comprehensive story. All in all very cheap, looks like it could have been scraped togheter from two or three unfinished films… probably one of those that played for a few weeks in the Italian countryside.
Recommended if you desperatly need to see every spaghetti. Well Donal O´Brien is allways nice to see, but really this is the bottom of the barrell stuff…

Finally saw this one last night… what can I say, typical trash. It wasn’t as entertaining as a Fidani flick but wasn’t too bad for my tastes as this is what I enjoy! What I can say, negatively, is that shootout towards the beginning is just way too long though! And that whole thing about stolen gold, etc. basically has nothing really to do with anything, hah. Needless to say, if you like trashy flicks, you may like this.

I enjoy some trash, but this is a horrendous piece of crap that is no fun whatsoever.

Haha, well in my opinion, I’ve seen worse and less entertaining films… but I won’t name them keep controversy out of this. I suppose this one really is one of the trashiest of the trash :smiley:

Don´t think this is the trashiest. Crea has done worse than this one.

Been avoiding this one for some time but the completist in me won out and I finally succumbed.

Who would have thought that 88 minutes could seem so long? I can only echo everything others have said above. Incoherent story, awful dialogue, bad direction, pointless shooting and riding sequences…The horror…the horror…

Well I just finished watching Finders Killers. Like Phil said, I had been putting this one off for quite a while due to its reputation and expecting to just be a total bore/waste of time.

To my surprise, I actually thought it was kind of entertaining and didn’t have a bad time with it. Like everyone has said, there’s basically no story and lots of extended shooting / riding scenes.

I’m not really sure why I liked it to be honest. I guess it was nice to have a spaghetti like this that just moves from one shoot out to the next, starting at the opening scene… could have been much more boring and much worse in my opinion, if it spent more time on comedic elements and bad writing/dialouge like many other spags of this level do.

I mean its no great spaghetti, but I certainly feel I’ve seen much, much worse in the way of dreadful boredum

This one was aggressively stupid and incoherent. At one point it got so bad I thought the incongruity of it all was a conscious attempt at surrealism. If I could give this zero or negative stars, I would.

The idea that Crea has done worse chills me to the bone.

1 Like

Wow, this was bad to the bone, really atrocious and very very cheaply made with an inept director who didn’t know his ass from his elbow. Donald O’Brien and Gordon Mitchell must’ve been drinking buddies on the set because most of the scenes they’re in they looked like they had a hangover. To the turkey bin it goes, but I did like the music by Stelvio Cipriani though!

Yea, it’s pretty bad. Several scenes were later re-used in 7 Devils (even worse) and On the Third Day Arrived the Crow (a little better).

Is this Giovanni Sabbatini playing old man Dean , Jack’s dying father?

Excuse me for taking so long to answer Carlos, I hadn’t noticed this post.

Judging from the pic you’ve posted the profile seems different, but Sabbatini plays a very similar role in Alleluja e Sartana figli di… Dio.

OK, thanks Jonathon. The scene is pretty short and PQ is quite bad but he’s probably just a Crea acquaintance.

So much hate for this one. It’s extremely clumsy but I thought it was quite fun. I’ll have to watch more Crea films.

:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:
Not a line you hear very often

:rofl:
I just realised I never finished The Crow and Law of Violence. This one was really funny though, so I’m going to give the others a try. I’ve been watching lots of trashy spaghettis lately.

Just watched it again and I still really enjoyed it. It’s a good one to watch with friends or family. Everybody cracks up together. I’ll definitely be giving it another watch soon. Still didn’t watch my other Crea films even though I said I would. Am I really the only one who thinks this film is so enjoyable? It’s in that so bad it’s good category for me. It’s a very simple story, nothing too complicated, lots of silly dialogue, random shooting and fights. Absolutely love the ending and the final lines.

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2022 thread: