Exploitation Films

I like the blaxlpoitation as well, tho’ i haven’t seen as many as i would like just yet. Just read that WB will be releasing Urban Action in January, to include -
BLACK BELT JONES (1974)
HOT POTATO (1976)
BLACK SAMSON (1974)
THREE THE HARD WAY (1974)

Three the Hard Way is awesome - I had it on VHS way back and that is awesome it is getting a DVD release.

anyone heard anything about Black Dynamite?

It’s playing limited release here in the States right now. Other than that, I know nothing else about it.

That article was the first I’d heard of it

suggested it to the local indie theatre, i’m sure they will ignore my suggestions as per usual

[quote=“Spaghetti Monkey, post:141, topic:369”]I like the blaxlpoitation as well, tho’ i haven’t seen as many as i would like just yet. Just read that WB will be releasing Urban Action in January, to include -
BLACK BELT JONES (1974)[/quote]

Black Belt Jones is a personal favorite of mine… even have the soundtrack on vinyl, it includes bits of dialog and its hilarious

Yeah, that’s one i’ve seen a looooong time ago, and can’t wait to see again.

I had heard about it and I think I saw an ad for it and I definitely want to see it.

(Black Dynamite)
Looks like I was wrong, they have it slated for November possibly… guess I will see what its all about

[glow=red,2,300]TNT Jackson[/glow]

http://www.grindhousedatabase.com/index.php/TNT_Jackson

not too bad, not too good…

Just wanted to give a heads up that Code Red is releasing uncut widescreen versions of MEAN JOHNNY BARROWS and DEATH JOURNEY next month. If these sell well enough, there will be more Fred Williamson titles to follow.

Think I may have to purchase the Barrows one then :slight_smile: . Simple and straight forward film, but effective.

The Black Gestapo

http://www.grindhousedatabase.com/index.php/The_Black_Gestapo

Ultra cheap blaxploitation flic… Don’t really know what to think of it. It has its very few moments but Afro-Americans in Death-Head uniforms and short clips of Nazi deployments cut into the movie?? Well, I think that doesn’t really fit.

I’ve only seen a few “true” exploitation films, Thriller - en grym film is the most memorable with the lovely Christina Lindberg.

The Black Godfather

Nice little blaxploitation flic but nothing special.

http://www.grindhousedatabase.com/index.php/The_Black_Godfather

Finally saw Shaft’s Big Score and it was very enjoyable.
Liked it better than Shaft.
I’m on a blaxploitation kick-- trying to catch up on the ones I missed.
Trouble Man is next.

[quote=“emerald, post:156, topic:369”]Finally saw Shaft’s Big Score and it was very enjoyable.
Liked it better than Shaft.
I’m on a blaxploitation kick-- trying to catch up on the ones I missed.
Trouble Man is next.[/quote]

Did you watch Truck Turner? Classic movie

I know the theme song (“There’s some pimps in their graves…who blew those pimps away? Truck Turner!”) and I’ve seen the trailer.
But I haven’t seen the film yet. Have to dig it up and watch it before this blaxploitation binge is over.
Righteous!

great movie

[quote=“emerald, post:158, topic:369”]I know the theme song (“There’s some pimps in their graves…who blew those pimps away? Truck Turner!”) and I’ve seen the trailer.
But I haven’t seen the film yet. Have to dig it up and watch it before this blaxploitation binge is over.
Righteous![/quote]

It is solid… Also check out some cheesy Dolemite action when you can. Rudy Ray Moore was hilarious. RIP Rudy.