Exploitation Films

Like me says, nunsploitation. Sort of. It’s about girls in a catholic institution. Alucarda, the title character, is a girl who falls in love with another girl who is new at the convent. Anyway, they make a pact. If one of them dies, then the other has to die too. Then Alucarda gets possessed by Satan and literally all hell breaks loose.

Sounds interesting, i’ve seen quite a few nunsploitation but not this one.

2 definately worth watching are “THE SINFUL NUNS OF ST.VALENTINE” and “KILLER NUN” ;D

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:102, topic:369”]Sounds interesting, i’ve seen quite a few nunsploitation but not this one.

2 definately worth watching are “THE SINFUL NUNS OF ST.VALENTINE” and “KILLER NUN” ;D[/quote]

Killer Nun yes, and I used to own an original U.K pre- cert to this film.

Saw Gestapo’s Last Orgy a couple of days ago. It felt like a mixture of Salò and Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS. Sure it has torture, nudity and even Nazi cannibals (pot roasted baby, hmmm) but all in all it was pretty boring. I’d still have to encounter good nazisploitation, but I doubt any has ever been made.

I Was Sorry To Hear About The Recent Passing Of Bruno Mattei.
I’ll Have To Sit Down This Weekend With A Bottle Of Jack And Revist THE TRUE STORY OF THE NUNS OF MONZA
In His Honor.

Thought i would let everyone know that the The Burning will be released in september. I’ve been wanting to see this 80’s slasher movie forever and now i will finally get my chance :slight_smile:

I’ve actually think it’s a better one than ‘friday the 13th’ [don’t shoot, please :stuck_out_tongue: ]

Great slasher flick, i’m surprised it didn’t spawn any sequels!

The funny thing is that it used to be banned here in the U.K., then it was allowed with a few cuts and now it’s allowed uncut! how things change :slight_smile:

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:108, topic:369”]Great slasher flick, i’m surprised it didn’t spawn any sequels!

The funny thing is that it used to be banned here in the U.K., then it was allowed with a few cuts and now it’s allowed uncut! how things change :)[/quote]

Did you ever have the uncut U.K pre-cert tape?.

I only ever managed to get the CUT pre-cert U.K tape

An 80s Video Nasty :smiley:

In Sweden there was also this hysteria regarding violent horror movies on video in the early 80s and a lot of films were banned.

Now you can buy these films on dvd in the supermarket :smiley:

I havent seen it yet but i’ll let you know if i agree with you in september :slight_smile: Also From Beyond and Scarecrows are being released in september

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:109, topic:369”]Did you ever have the uncut U.K pre-cert tape?.

I only ever managed to get the CUT pre-cert U.K tape[/quote]I had the uncut version.
The cut uncut thorn tape had the grey sticker and the cut version either had the grey sticker with a date stamp on it or the later blue and white striped version.

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:112, topic:369”]I had the uncut version.
The cut uncut thorn tape had the grey sticker and the cut version either had the grey sticker with a date stamp on it or the later blue and white striped version.[/quote]

Nice!

I always got a bit mixed up with this at the time, probably to many beers!

I managed to get the uncut U.K pre-cert of ABSURD though on the MEDUSA label which I was very pleased with at the time, which cost me £1.50 from my local carboot.

Great price considering this used to go for about £45 a few years back!:slight_smile:

http://wwwgrindhousedatabase.com

Whats everyones opinion on “Death Weekend”

I have always liked this film, after seeing for the first time back in the mid eighties.

Ahead of its time and a good role for Brenda Vaccaro and of course Don Stroud, who I always remember from COOGAN’S BLUFF.

The film has a good pace and never gets boring.

Isnt Death Weekend a ripoff of Last house on the left?

Yes, I have heard people say this and would not argue with this point of view.

But I guess I am a bit of a fan of Death Weekend , aswell as films like; House on the Edge of the Park and Hitchike.

Thanks I will be checking out Death Weekend.