Exploitation Films

[quote=“Dorado, post:76, topic:369”]“The Exterminator” with Robert Ginty from from Ancor Bay is the longest version available it runs 104 minutes I got it myself.
It contains all the violence including the opening scene where someone ‘looses’ his head.[/quote]A great film, that beheading at the start in Vietnam is quite gruesome!
I like it when he does over the nonces, the filthy scum!

Recently saw Island of Death and Fight for Your Life. Both were pretty bad, but reasonably entertaining.

i think Island of death is great for a laugh, was it the Niko Mastorakis film or the other one?

Yeah, Mastorakis. Het put a lot of so called shocking stuff in there, but it was filmed so badly I could only laugh at it.
Right now i’m trying to get Gestapo’s Last Orgy aka Caligula Reincarnated as Hitler by Cesare Canevari (¡Mátalo!). Hopefully it’s better than Ilsa She Wolf of the SS.

used to have an old pre-cert video, i know it was cut but i found it incredibly boring

ISLAND OF DEATH is an unusual film, but I find this just keeps me watching more, to see what happens next.

Like I said, I haven’t seen it yet. But if it’s cut it would be a logical explanation for the boredom. To my dismay I have the cut (English) version of The Toxic Avenger on dvd, and totally screwed that one up! Virtually nothing was left, except of course the bad acting and cheesy storyline. On topic: I forgot to mention Wet & Rope, that I saw recently. A Japanese nunsploitation flick. If I’d explain the plot, you’d probably think it’s fun, but it’s not. A lot of dumb sex scenes, lousy acting and a very dumb story. This was my introduction to the genre, and not a very good one. Nevertheless I will be watching Alucarda soon, which hopefully will be alot better.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:87, topic:369”]Nevertheless I will be watching Alucarda soon, which hopefully will be alot better.[/quote]I don’t know if Alucarda can be called nunsploitation film really but it’s good film in a bizarre way. The quote on Mondo Macabro dvd cover summarizes the film perfectly: “More blood, loud screaming and nudity than any other horror film I can think of -Michael Weldon, Psychotronic video guide”

i have a sell through video cassette that got released uncut by accident, and pulled off the shelves, luckily i was informed and got one in time, the same has also happened with Angel of Vengeance and Day of the dead (even though it is allowed uncut now) :slight_smile:

if i can find it i can do a burn of that toxic avenger if you like. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the offer, but the (in)decent version isn’t too hard to obtain on the internet. :wink:

Nunsploitation or not, that sounds promising!

Fight for your life is a great film. Its one of the few exploitation movies that has good acting and can shock you.

Just wondering what’s everyone’s Top 5 favorite X-Ploitation movies?

[quote=“me, post:92, topic:369”]Fight for your life is a great film. Its one of the few exploitation movies that has good acting and can shock you.

Just wondering what’s everyone’s Top 5 favorite X-Ploitation movies?[/quote]
I thought the acting in that movie was atrocious. Besides that, not a whole lot was going on (apart from the racial abuse). The movie reminded me of Last House on the Left, but I like that one slightly better.

My trash/exploitation/sleaze favourites (not particularly in that order and I probably forgot some):
Blood Sucking Freaks, The Untold Story, Street Trash, Super Vixens, Terror Firmer, Freeway, The Punisher, Basket Case, Cannibal Holocaust, Caligula

William Sanderson who stars in “FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE” also stars in “DEADWOOD”

You like LHOTF more that Fight for your life? I own both but I really enjoy fight for your life more oh anyway…

My favorites are:

Rolling Thunder
Walking Tall
Fight for your life
Deliverance(really disturbing)
White Lightning
Street Fighter

They’re bot not great, but I thought the acting and the story in Last House on the Left were better.

[quote=“me, post:95, topic:369”]My favorites are:

Rolling Thunder
Walking Tall
Fight for your life
Deliverance(really disturbing)
White Lightning
Street Fighter[/quote]
Yeah, Street Fighter is cool. I got the first two on dvd. Very good stuff! Still haven’t seen the third of the trilogy, though. Have you seen the Takashi Miike remake of the Chiba movie Bodyguard Kiba? I thoroughly recommend it to any Streetfighter fan. No crazy Miike antics there, just a hell of a fight film. Very good stuff! Still haven’t seen the third of the trilogy, though.
I wouldn’t call Deliverance exploitation, but it does cross the borders of mainstream I guess. Nevertheless an entertaining film.

I actually own all of the street fighter movies.I’ve seen the bodyguard but not miike’s remake might have to check it out sometime. I would call Deliveracne a Hixploitation(exploiting rednecks/hicks)

Saw Alucarda last night, but it didn’t impress me much. In my opinion it’s a slightly below par movie until the finale, which is pretty good. Fortunately the acting is better than in most comparable movies. All in all it’s ok to watch once, but I wouldn’t watch it again. Way too much hysterical screaming going on, and girls who weren’t shaved south of the border.

what’s it about? :slight_smile:

I believe its a nunploitation.