Eurospy

These flix need good BluRays… thats for sure. A lot of their trashy image has to do with how folks watch them

I don’t understand what you mean.

Sorry I hastily posted that from my cell.
What I mean was this: A lot of the Eurospy movies were regarded as second rate then, and they are still, for the most part, now. But one main reason - and that’s why I think they should get proper BluRay releases a.s.a.p - I think why they don’t get the credit and appreciation they deserve, is that most of them aren’t readily available as pretty restored HD versions, so the bad viewing experience matches sort of our subconscious idea of them as cheap B movies, whereas were we to re-discover them in all their audio-visual glory, we might think different of them and the genre might even experience a kind of re-appreciation. Probably never on the level of the spaghetti western, but still…

2 Likes

Well I love em, and want a proper collection. I will pray for the day we get decent blu rays at sensible prices.

1 Like

Operation_Counterspy 220px-Agent_3S3,_Massacre_in_the_Sun 220px-Agent_3S3-_Passport_to_Hell

Finished watching the Pidax release of MISSION BLOOYMARY. The picture quality is slightly better than the FURY FROM THE ORIENT. The English audio is clearer. The film itself is better than FFTO in my opinion.Agente_077_missione_Bloody_Mary

I couldn’t resist getting this set and amazingly it arrived already. Super quick from Germany to the UK.

Picture quality on all of them isn’t brilliant but perfectly watchable I think. Let’s just say they didn’t break the budget on remastering anything. Looking forward to re-watching them all. haven’t seen them in some years but remember them all fondly. Especially Special Mission Lady Chaplin which I recall was my favourite of the bunch.

1 Like

GEMINI 13 is next on my list.

71c4pkgQXvL.AC_SY445

Finally arrived!!

1 Like

The star of the film, Anthony Eisley, was born in my old hometown of Philadelphia PA :smiley:

Ere’ fancy that! Is he a well known figure in Philly?

Sadly no, but we do boast of Grace Kelly, Broderick Crawford, Kevin Bacon, and Richard Gere, all from Philly.

1 Like

Pretty good walk of fame!!

I don’t think you’ll see much Eurospy on blu ray… 90% of these films never even got a dvd release.

These Pidax dvds probably use Dorado Films prints.

We can but hope that they get those releases.
I asked a couple of friends to compare them with the Dorado ratios. They said the Dorado ratios were incorrect. The Pidax ones were the correct wide-screen format.

2 Likes

I agree, the dorado discs had incorrect aspect ratio :slight_smile:

1 Like