El Condor (John Guillermin, 1970)

Thanks. I just can’t help but think that there must be somebody out there who has some old VHS tape recorded from the TV with the uncut version of El Condor on. I got the Warner Archive DVD (the cut was the same as my VHS releases) and the Sogemedia /Sotelysa DVD. I bought the latter hoping it might contain an alternative cut but they’re all identical.

The versions on cinemageddon all seem identical as well.

My copy has a running time of 1:41:50, the others all have about the same length (1:41:43, 102 minutes etc.), so I guess it’s the same version every time
I found a Spanish language version on the net with a running-time of 1:36:00. Watched only a few minutes (bad copy) but I can’t imagine it has the missing scenes you mention

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:5, topic:3576”]The versions on cinemageddon all seem identical as well.

My copy has a running time of 1:41:50, the others all have about the same length (1:41:43, 102 minutes etc.), so I guess it’s the same version every time
I found a Spanish language version on the net with a running-time of 1:36:00. Watched only a few minutes (bad copy) but I can’t imagine it has the missing scenes you mention[/quote]

Ah well. Thanks for having a look. I bet there is somebody who isn’t even a western fan who has a copy of it a dusty shelf somewhere. I wonder if it’ll ever become available.

Sure it will, just a matter of time.

I haven’t seen much demand for El Condor. Not sure why. I think it’s highly underrated. It was never released on VHS in the UK. I first saw it broadcast on the BBC in the 90s. Maybe they still have the reel.

A post was merged into an existing topic: El Condor (John Guillermin, 1970)

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: El Condor (John Guillermin, 1970)

I don’t have this channel but apparently they have broadcast El Condor once every few months. It seems like they’re broadcasting the extended cut, as well, so if anyone has this channel, be sure to record it! :slight_smile:

Take A Hard Ride is my fav of the three, and of course we have Mr.Laid back himself in this one…Fred Williamson .

The Warner Archive DVD is remastered and in widescreen.

I just checked how old this thread is. I didn’t realise. You probably know that already then. :smile:

37 posts were merged into an existing topic: El Condor (John Guillermin, 1970)

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: El Condor (John Guillermin, 1970)

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: El Condor (John Guillermin, 1970)

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: El Condor (John Guillermin, 1970)

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: El Condor (John Guillermin, 1970)