El Condor (John Guillermin, 1970)

Recent?.. the guy is 70 years old.

He’s won an Oscar in addition to being nominated 3 more times. Let’s get off this tangent and get back to the movie discussion.

You are entitled to your opinion and that’s all it is - Your Opinion. No need to continue to hammer someone who disagrees with you.

Brown never got very famous, but he possibly was the 1st black actor who was allowed to kiss a white actress on screen.

An idiotic tabu up to the 90s.

JIM BROWN + LEE VAN CLEEF = TOP TEAM in 3 Super WESTERNS

EL CONDOR 1970 TAKE A HARD RIDE 1975 KID VENGEANCE 1977

Both Jim Brown and Sidney Poitier have made excellent Westerns where they romanced
white women. Poitier was in the outstanding DUEL AT DIABLO 1965 with Bibi Anderson
Jim Brown was in the magnificent 100 RIFLES 1969 with delicious RAQUEL WELCH.

I will discuss Jim Brown and his films as long as I wish thanks. :stuck_out_tongue:

EL CONDOR 1970 LEADING MAN JIM BROWN (For All The Ladies) & L.Radish

Just viewed this one.

I found the film a bit flat on the whole and not very exciting, and this was around the period Van Cleef was starring in some standard westerns.

At least Van Cleef was not wearing a rug ;D.

Jim Brown was a hell of a lot better football player than actor. He quit football in his athletic prime because Hollywood paid better than the NFL. He had an opportunity and he took it. Too bad for the NFL because if Brown had continued to play ball instead of embarking on an ‘acting’ career, he’d probably still have the all-time rushing and touchdown records. He was one tough mutha…

And while I’m on the subject, Fred “The Hammer” Williamson was a good football player, not great. Decent career but probably made a smart choice going into the movies.

[quote=“AceHigh, post:30, topic:830”]Jim Brown was a hell of a lot better football player than actor. He quit football in his athletic prime because Hollywood paid better than the NFL. He had an opportunity and he took it. Too bad for the NFL because if Brown had continued to play ball instead of embarking on an ‘acting’ career, he’d probably still have the all-time rushing and touchdown records. He was one tough mutha…

And while I’m on the subject, Fred “The Hammer” Williamson was a good football player, not great. Decent career but probably made a smart choice going into the movies.[/quote]

Can’t think of any soccer player who made a real career in the movies

But George Best was often called the fifth Beatle

By the way: wasn’t OJ Simpson a football player too?

Edit: Vinnie Jones !

Not careers … but a few turned up in Escape to Victory.

The Beatles Best was not identical with the Manchester Best.

I know what you mean: they had a drummer before Ringo, called Pete Best

But as far as I know, the knickname ‘the fifth Beatle’ was one of the knicknames given to the soccer player George Boozy Best ; but I might be wrong, I’m not an expert on either the Beatles or George Best

At least George was sort of a pop star too.

Oh, and it was George Martin who often was called the 5th Beatle.
Not without reason.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:31, topic:830”]Can’t think of any soccer player who made a real career in the movies

But George Best was often called the fifth Beatle

By the way: wasn’t OJ Simpson a football player too?

Edit: Vinnie Jones ![/quote]

Yeah, O.J. was a great running back; he and Jim Brown are both in the NFL Hall of Fame.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:34, topic:830”]I know what you mean: they had a drummer before Ringo, called Pete Best

But as far as I know, the knickname ‘the fifth Beatle’ was one of the knicknames given to the soccer player George Boozy Best ; but I might be wrong, I’m not an expert on either the Beatles or George Best[/quote]

George Best was refered to as the fifth Beatle for a time. Purely on the basis that he was a young, long haired british superstar at the same time as the fab four. All part of the swinging sixties, pop culture thing. Luckily, he was never tempted to try singing. George made a lot of poor decisions in his life but that was one wise one we can all be grateful for.

He did turn up in at least one film I can remember though. He had a walk on part in the film version of 'Til Us Do Part where he bumps into Warren Mitchell’s Alf Garnett character in a pub toilet. Not exactly a career in the movies then, but it was at least a funny scene.

I loved this movie. Lee Van Cleef really shows he has rnge as an actor in this one. Jim Brown is good to as the straight man to Van Cleef’s goof. One thing I love about this one is it’s plot. It is so simple but so epic at the same time. The music is great. I wish I could remember it all. I found the nudity kind of shocking for being made in 1970. Great film 5 out of 5 for me.

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Uncut Version of “El Condor” (1970)

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: El Condor temporary

View it this weekend for the very first time. Found it kind of average, doesn’t expected so many nudity scenes in a spag as well.

Lot’sa nudity, some pretty gory violence (I remember a lot of blood), Lee Van Cleef in a Tuco like role…

all and all…

a good time.

8/10

Saw this one in cinema, back in the seventies

Don’t remeber much of it, not even the nudity scenes …

Funny thing is that I do remember I didn’t like it, but I’ll probably give it another chance, one day