Django Unchained (Quentin Tarantino, 2012)

Hey, if we’re talking about black actors here, I hear Eddie Murphy is in need of a comeback… And what about Martin Lawrence ;)?

Might as well change the name to Trinity Unchained in that case ;D

I don’t care who they get for the lead. I’m sure when QT used Travolta for Pulp Fiction their were people who thought “The guy from Saturday Night Fever? WTF!” But that turned out to be one of Travolta’s best roles IMO.

Lets not forget the guy from Saturday Night Fever was also the guy from Blowout.

Maybe Tarantino could resurrect Jaleel White’s career.

Lol! ;D Urkel Unchained!! ;D I can see him now shooting some slave owner in the head…“Did I do that?” Too funny. ;D

I learned from Are we there yet that Ice Cube can ride a horse. It´s also funny as hell to see him doing that. So Cube´s not a bad choice 8)

[quote=“TheBigSmokedown, post:34, topic:2720”]First decent suggestion.

I like Idris Elba and Jamie Hector, both The Wire alumni. Also Chiwetel Ejiofor.[/quote]

I could see all of these (Hounsou was one of my first thoughts). I could also see Isaac de Bankolé, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje or Jeffrey Wright doing well in the role.

What would be good would be cameo appearances from Jim Brown, Fred Williamson and Jim Kelly.

I seriously love Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje. I thought of him as well.

The Boss Nigger theme is one bit of music I actually wouldn’t object to Tarantino recycling.

The problem I have with Will Smith is that he probably doesn’t even know what a Spaghetti Western is. I think Don Cheadle may be a little too clean cut. Terence Howard maybe? Probably not the right look. How about Delroy Lindo?

Might DiCaprio saddle up for Tarantino’s Western? I read that he was choosen for the main character. ;))

Jamie Foxx gets the lead:

[url]http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118038968?categoryid=4076&cs=1&cmpid=RSS|News|FilmNews[/url]

I prefer Foxx to Will Smith, but, well, bleh. I quite like the premise of the film and Di Caprio will make a good Southern plantation owner, but I can’t help feeling this is already looking a bit misguided. The Django reference is out of place and this looks set to be another post-modern patchwork of movie and homage from Tarantino.

Franco Nero still hasn’t been confirmed, right? 'Cause that’s the only casting choice I care about.

There would be no Django legacy without Franco Nero! It would be a crime not to have him in it. Don’t know if I like Jamie Foxx in the lead role but it’s better than fresh prince of bel air.

Definitively, Tarantino better give him a nice meaty role. Honestly, if he doesn’t… I think I’m gonna lose quite a bit of respect for him.

I’ve already lost quite a bit of respect for him.

None of this bit role crap where you blink and you miss him. If doing that you might aswell not bother in my view.

A white Django would make little sense in this case.
Funny enough I read everywhere that Tarantino is going to make a spaghetti western, but without Italian funding and/or locations this can of course not be true. Anyway, I hope the distributors smell money and are going to release loads of spaghetti westerns. And that’s about the best thing about this news.

Couldn’t imagine DiCaprio playing this role 10 years ago, when he was so weak compared to Daniel Day-Lewis in Gangs of New York. But now I could see him pulling it off.