Django Unchained (Quentin Tarantino, 2012)

same here, or the 17th…

will attend the berlin premiere next tuesday however

Probably, but a good John Ford/non-John Wayne film of his is My Darling Clementine (1946), which is very much a “classic”, myth-making Western; it still just about holds up, thanks to the two central performances from Henry Fonda and Victor Mature along with Walter Brennan and Ford’s direction.

[quote=“John Welles, post:242, topic:2720”]Probably, but a good John Ford/non-John Wayne film of his is My Darling Clementine (1946), which is very much a “classic”, myth-making Western; it still just about holds up, thanks to the two central performances from Henry Fonda and Victor Mature along with Walter Brennan and Ford’s direction.[/quote]Funny enough I’ve got a steelbook DVD I’ve had quite a while which I’ve never opened.

Same here as well.

International release dates overview:

http://wiki.tarantino.info/index.php/Django_Unchained_release_dates

haven’t gone to see django unchained yet due to being totally broke

i need some dollars for django

I just saw this last night. Overall a very good movie. If I had to pick out faults its that it dragged on alot during the middle when they were at DiCaprio’s house. Also, there was way too much cussing from Jackson’s character. I highly doubt Uncle Tom’s from the 1850s used the term motherfucker in every sentence. Also Sunglasses weren’t invented yet.

in fact they were, but they werent used as a fashion item yet. from what i’ve read

What do you mean?

But hey, It’s a Tarantino movie. Hitler wasn’t assassinated in the movie theater either.

http://www.truewestmagazine.com/jcontent/history/history/ask-the-marshall/2605-did-old-west-folks-wear-sunglasses
8)

Only a movie - after IB, entertainment more than historical fact is what should be expected…

went to the berlin premiere and party last night. it was a blast :slight_smile:

Great for you Seb! You deserve it! Did you “bump” into any of the cast and/or crew that worked on the film?

the producers. the cast was there too partying but didnt speak to them. jamie was one hell of an MC at the party :wink:

Very impressive. One of the producers, Stacy Sher in particular has a large track record: Contagion, World Trade Centre, Erin Brockovich, Man on the Moon, Out of Sight, Gattaca, Get Shorty, Pulp Fiction and The Fisher King are all in her CV.

yeah she’s done quite a bit :slight_smile:

Don’t you think it’s a reference for Fidanies flicks? Tarantino must have seen one ate least and

When I saw the trailer I instantly thought about this screenshot. ;D It’s just a fun movie and I’m sure that some of so-called goofs were made intentionally.

What’s that screenshot from?

Shadow of Sartana… Shadow of Your Death