Django Unchained (Quentin Tarantino, 2012)

the only django film is with franco nero, all the others goes to the bottom of the lake

what do you mean with that >:(

Most probably that you had a couple of Friday the 13th sequels in your Top 10 :slight_smile:

[quote=“sartana1968, post:221, topic:2720”]the only django film is with franco nero, all the others goes to the bottom of the lake[/quote]There are two Franco Nero Django films :wink:

the django 1966 not the jun-ko strikes 1987 :o

[quote=“sartana1968, post:225, topic:2720”]the django 1966 not the jun-ko strikes 1987 :o[/quote]Regardless what you think of the film it’s still two official Django films with Franco Nero in though isn’t it.

That is true. And you can’t really discount any legitimately good films that had Django in an alternate title.

Still there is only one true Django.

i saw the trailer for me looks so much crap total stupid

Ha ha, yes, the other only true one …

Django Unchained :wink:

lol

I saw it today and thought it was excellent. Nearly 3 hours and it didn’t seem like it at all. I know we all have different tastes but for me it hit on many different aspects of the classic italian westerns without it being too obvious and a gimmicky type of homage.

Well done QT !

1 Like

Finally got to see it and loved it. A few minor quibbles (ending a little too long, last act of Waltz’s doesn’t really make sense) but so what. IMO going to see a movie of Tarantino’s is like what going to a movie used to be like - the crowd is into it, plenty of great scenes that make you afraid you’ll miss something good if you have to get up and leave for a minute, and little cinematic references that a film buff can’t help but love. There are always a few little things in his movies I can do without, but the good stuff is so good it doesn’t matter. A lot of fun, great acting, and looking forward to seeing it again.

A few notes:
1 - I thought for sure when Jim Croce’s song “I Got a Name” was playing, the line “and I’m gonna go there free” would be heard, but it faded out before it came up - had to laugh, but in a good way…seemed like a little joke.
2 - A lot of music from the old spags were used (like it is in his other films); so much so I ended up watching “The Hellbenders” soon after, and can see myself revisiting a lot of SW’s because of this film, which is what good films do - make you want to go back to the originals.
3 - I saw Tarantino on Charlie Rose recently, and subject of his favorite western directors (Leone, Corbucci, Peckinpah) came up, and he said at one point “I can’t stand John Ford” - which I thought was hilarious. Who else would say that? I probably liked it because the only Ford films I go back to on a steady basis are “The Searchers” and “The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance”, but I have to admit it was a little odd - Leone and Peckinpah both loved Ford from what I’ve read, don’t know about Corbucci.

[quote=“Keep Your Head Down, post:236, topic:2720”]“I can’t stand John Ford” - which I thought was hilarious. Who else would say that? [/quote]I don’t really know if I can stand John Ford or not. But I do know that I can’t stand John Wayne. So does that sort of cancel John Ford out for me?

Makes it slightly problematic

don’t forget to rate it on imdb etc if you’ve seen it

[quote=“Sebastian, post:239, topic:2720”]don’t forget to rate it on imdb etc if you’ve seen it[/quote]Is it on in the cinema in Germany yet Seb?

We get it here on the 18th January.