Django Unchained (Quentin Tarantino, 2012)

I didn’t mean to imply you in regards to what I was saying about the success of Tarantino, cochino- apologies if that’s what it sounded like.

Rather it is understandable to me that someone like Lustig would have a problem with Tarantino because of his huge success. The favorite filmmakers within these older genres never reached QT’s status, relative to recognized popularity- no one knows these old greats (except for us) and absolutely everyone knows who QT is. Not only does everyone know who he is, many do not realize where his inspirations come from and then assign all the greatness to QT only. Tarantino is a mainstream legend whereas the great directors he has drawn from remain basically unknown outside of genre enthusiasts.

Its a totally understandable negative effect that some may have in relation to how they feel about QT, but it doesn’t really have anything to do with him.

Don’t worry, I didn’t read is as if you said it about me, I was just trying to make my position clear.
I think it’s true that many of the older filmmakers might feel a bit bitter about him getting a lot of recognition and money while nobody cares about them, and as you say, it’s understandable although Tarantino isn’t the one to blame. And it’s also true that there’s a lot of people who “hate” him because he’s popular and whenever there’s a trend, an anti-trend shows up a bit after.
I only wanted to make clear where I stand on this, and I don’t take discussions about movies, music, etc. in a personal level, so don’t worry about me getting offended. Maybe I sound a bit dry and/or rude at times because English is not my first language so I don’t quite grasp the nuances of certain expressions, so if I sounded offended at your comment it’s only because of that.

[quote=“dicfish, post:191, topic:2720”]The music at the beginning is also from the Django-Soundtrack:
[url]Spaghetti Western: Luis Bacalov - Django - La Corsa (2nd Version) - YouTube

The used part starts at 0:46.[/quote]

Thanks! Haven’t got the Django soundtrack yet :wink:

[quote=“tomas, post:179, topic:2720”]Bad Lt. said it aptly - IB is artificial and it lacks gamesomeness and looseness of Kill Bill, even his so called Grindhouse flick was better fun…
but, it is Tarantino and he didn’t make a bad movie (yet), so i like IB, but it is not my favorite[/quote]

IB is Tarantino best film KB must be his worst

…and isn’t that great

I like IB alot…there’s some scenes in the flick I found mesmerizing, usually with Christopher Waltz…

Some new pictures of Django Unchained here: 13 New Django Unchained pictures show Goggins, Johnson - The Quentin Tarantino Archives
Looks alright to me 8)

I’m just hoping they make a KFC joke with Johnson (the Col. Sanders looking fellow).

“mhhh chicken”

no comments :o
a black django??? how many crap westerns with the name o django they will create? ???

[quote=“sartana1968, post:210, topic:2720”]no comments :o
a black django??? how many crap westerns with the name o django they will create? ???[/quote]

Well, the movie isn’t out yet, can’t call it crap. And plenty of other westerns with Django in the title that were worse. He’s paying homage to all the other spaghettis that put it in the title and called the main character Django.

here’s my review:

i had a great time watching it. some scenes are so funny you will cry

Great writing Seb.

I have already read another review of the film which gives me also the impression that the actual film is very different from how it seems to be according to the trailer.
And that is good, cause the trailer itself fails tot make the film look promising. But of course it was never a question that I will watch Django Unchained anyway for being a western and for being a QTer.

You are talking to someone who lists five of the Friday the 13th sequels in his top 10 movies of all time.

Oh. :o

Exactly. LOL

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:214, topic:2720”]You are talking to someone who lists five of the Friday the 13th sequels in his top 10 movies of all time.[/quote]Blimey

Well, just got home from watching it, and quite a good movie! Love the references in it, spotted homages to The Great Silence and I believe Minnesota clay as well. Probably more, but that’s the top of my head. Oh, and Franco Nero, though I wish he was at least in a second scene.

I saw it yesterday and enjoyed it very much. This is Tarantino’s own film. Yes there’s some references to past SWs but more inside jokes and homages and does not detract from his story. There’s a pistol shot through a carnation just like in The Mercenary, a saloon called Minnesota Clay and maybe the trek through the snow clould be taken as a reference to The Great Silence but these are minor. Django is tortured hanging upside down ala Navajo Joe. Who’s to say and you can read a lot that may or may not been put there by Quentin. The film is too long but that’s a small complaint. I would suggest to anyone who hasn’t seen it but will to check the IMDb for a list of the actors in the film as there are many cameos played by western actors of the past with some you will recognize and others you won’t. The score has cues of the SW music of the glory days but new and old all work well together. Tarantino has learned much and well from Leone and the other SD directors yet again this is his film and quite enjoyable. He’s got nothing to be ashamed of and plenty to be proud of. DiCaprio is brilliant as is Foxx and Waltz. Dark humor abounds and like Leone works well to relieve some of the tension.

Going to see it on Sunday at the theatre…can’t wait !!!