Django Shoots First / Django spara per primo (Alberto De Martino, 1966)

Netflix put out a descent copy of this film, from Canal+ like the other spags they are currently streaming.
Mice movie, especially for an early spaghetti western. The camera work was outstanding and took advantage of the widescreen.
There are some things that bother me about this movie. First the quickness of getting a headstone of Django’s father. Within 2 days he was buried and had a complete deck stone and head stone with a picture included.
Also the bar fights are too much over the top and are annoying, taking the pace out of the movie.

But this movie stands for a re-watch.

This movie’s page in the SWDb has been updated to the new “SWDb 3.0” format .
Please have a look and let us know if there’s something you can add (information, trivia, links, pictures, etc.).

@Admin
I have updated the database page .
Because the Blu-ray will be released in Japan on May 30.

2 Likes

Well done!

1 Like

There is still not a cover, but a promotional video has been posted today.

1 Like

Like with the Tramplers, seems like some scenes have a bit too much green, while others are okay…

1 Like

A BD promo in glorious 360p … that makes a lot of sense! :thinking:

Cover is up, including backcover. @Alleluja maybe you can add some specifications as far as the backcover tells us.

1 Like

I just saw this and I thought it was pretty decent. The best parts were Fernando Sancho and the ending, with a solid score by Nicolai. However, the costume design and the bar fight stood out as being terrible

I’m quite fond of this film. While Saxon is not the typical SW deadpan anti-hero, he’s quite likable. The cast in general is pretty cool, the music has grown on me immensely after I was a little underwhelmed by it at first. The main feature for me though is the camera work. It uses the wide-screen image very well and at times looks like it has a much higher budget than I’m sure it actually had. The great Tabernas locations help a lot, too, of course.

1 Like

I agree the outdoor scenes and the cinematography were some of the best aspects of this film

At the very beginning, you can see a car in the distance :slightly_smiling_face: if I remember correctly.
I finally got to watch it.

Probably just another homage to Leone. :wink:

1 Like

Me too.

There is now a new poll to vote on for this one at the top of the page on the first original post. :arrow_up: :cowboy_hat_face:

I finally watched it and I have a big problem with this movie. I had high expectations for this production and it’s not even half as good as Leone’s films. Erica Blanc is great as a femme fatale. Bruno Nicolai does the job as always. Fernando Sancho as a good guy is fine, but the main character… Too many jokes, too much smile. I prefer westerns that are darker and gloomier. And that fight in the saloon… This is a provocation - as one of the protagonists of the Polish film “Kiler” would say. Some scenes are great, some are bad. I wasn’t too sober when I watched this film. Maybe I’ll give it another chance.

1 Like

I forgot about Lee Burton. Great bad ass, just like in ''Cemetery without crosses".

Of course it´s not half as good as any Leone movies, but then again, most westerns, let alone SWs, aren´t. I have to agree with you about the protagonist, but for being a cheap Django knockoff it is rather solid.

3 Likes

I have received the Blu-ray of this title today.
The image was a little greenish as the same as when it was broadcast on BS-TV in Japan.

5 Likes

Wow, quite a punchy, saturated image.
Thanks for the screenshots!

3 Likes