Django Shoots First / Django spara per primo (Alberto De Martino, 1966)

Saw an old movie yesterday with a heavy red tint… This looks okay enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got the Australian version of this blu, image is also good, maybe less saturated, but not much difference.

2 Likes

German disc looks less green, they probably made some color corrections (I did point it out to them)… looks quite fantastic all in all

1 Like

Not a bad film. Obvious Django became a bit hit whilst this was in production and before they did the post production dubbing. I do get my Evelyn Stewart’s and my Erika Blancs mixed up as they look quite similar - I thought it was Erika playing the bad girl but it appears to have been Evelyn.

The inherited fortune theme reminds me of Death Walks In Laredo which I nowadays only rate 5/10. Django Shoots First also suffers from too lighthearted moments, especially a silly barroom brawl. The joke in the end was fun though. I don’t give much for the sidekick played by Sancho with his annoying English dub and the antihero was weak, but Ida Galli OK . 4 or 5/10 is my verdict, i.e probably not a SW I will watch again within reasonable time…

1 Like