Django (Sergio Corbucci, 1966)

Heh. That was pretty nifty.

Wasnā€™t sure where to put this, but: [url]http://twitchfilm.com/2014/01/tarantino-editor-directing-franco-nero-in-django-lives.html[/url]

A Django sequel with Franco Nero that seems it could actually happen? This can only be good news!

Please god, donā€™t make it happen ā€¦ :wink:

Donā€™t know, I have very low expectations for such a film.

Be nice to see Nero playing a larger part in a western again, instead of the waste of time cameo in Django Unchained. But I would rather it have been in a non Django western, as its just been to long since Nero last played the character in the 80ā€™s.

Wow that is the most interesting news Iā€™ve heard in a long time! I donā€™t have a good feeling about it thoughā€¦ Maybe if they actually filmed in Cinecitta and on location in Almeria it could look authentic? I doubt theyā€™d bother with that.

Though it was a bit exciting to initially read, my reservations suddenly reared their head. Iā€™d watch it, but with low expectations.

Iā€™m excited. This is extremely unexpected news, and to be actually set some 50 years later in 1915, which actually makes use of Neroā€™s own ageā€¦
I must say so far this sounds good beyod believe, like all people are there for the right reasons, namely passion for the material. But of course an announcement should sound like that.
But whatever the quality of the finished product, I hope they really get to make it and Nero will be at the center of it all! And maybe Tarantino will try to rescue the project, if it comes into trouble, and will direct it himself. :wink:

I think QT would do fantastic business with the DJANGO property.

One can dreamā€¦ heh.

Yeah, maybe he could give Django a different skin color. Oh, wait.

HA! ;D

@Django Lives

I predict it will be a BOMB!

Yaā€™ll are awful anxious to see a sucky new Django :smiley:

Iā€™m looking forward to it (if it goes through to completion). Iā€™m gonna withhold my judgement till I see it

;D Yes indeed. For me the main thing is FRANCO NERO! Woohoo! Recently I even watched THE VERSACE MURDER (1998) with a fascinating ā€œportrayalā€ by Nero.
In the end, even if the film sucks, Nero might do something interesting.

Try and watch that religious propaganda/action crapfest Megiddo with Nero.

Well, director Trenchard-Smith disagrees! :wink:

ā€œWhen I came on board for [the film]ā€¦ I thought, Iā€™m going to have a bit of a sly smile at some of this stuff, not being a Pentecostal Christian myself. But if the Pentecostal Christians want to give me $20 million to make a film, Iā€™m not going to say no. So I thought, what are my genre aspirations in this rather confused screenplay Iā€˜ve been given? Letā€™s straighten it out along the following lines: letā€™s say itā€™s The Omen (1976) meets Air Force One (1997), with a bit of End of Days (1999)ā€¦ And they fight the Battle of the Bulge, and are awarded with the Second Coming! I mean, those are some nice elements to put into your martini. And so I proceeded along those lines. It was a fun film to make, and primarily, the faithful have seen it. But I can tell you, it did have a slight sense of humor, even sub textually, itā€™s a fun film to see. It was interesting to see it with a mixed audience of Pentecostals and secular hedonists, and it was interesting to see where either side of the audience laughed, or they both laughed, or the Christians cheered. So it was interesting to see it, ultimately. Itā€™s a fun romp [laughs], not usually what happens with a religious film.ā€ [taken from Wikipedia]

Hell, no pun intended, I would have done the same thing.

And I like Trenchard-Smith. But that film is all over the place (as he sort of implies himself).

Without wanting to appear too uncharitable, Iā€™m going to maintain the stance of ā€œYeah, like f*ck is that ever going to happenā€ with Django Lives, incorporating ā€œEven if it DOES happen, itā€™ll be a turd of a film.ā€ I could easily become super-excited for this project, and I desperately donā€™t want to jinx it or allow it to build up in my mind to an unattainably high standard. Keep my thoughts on it at rock-bottom, (hopefully) be very pleasantly surprised in a couple of years. Thatā€™s the way.

Thatā€™s the same avenue Iā€™m taking. Definitely keeping any expectations very low.

btw, there was already a topic for Django Lives here:
http://forum.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/topic,3708.0.html

Watching the BU blu-ray for the first time.

Is it me, or does it look like itā€™s snowing all the time? Donā€™t know what they did, but itā€™s off and distracting. Is this really the best blu-ray release of Django?

[quote=ā€œautephex, post:260, topic:148ā€]Recent episode of The Simpsons opens with a Django knock off theme and western themed animation:

I watched this episode a week ago. ā€œSkinnerā€, hehe.