Django and Sartana’s Showdown in the West / Arrivano Django e Sartana … è la fine (Demofilo Fidani, 1970)

Have to admit does look like him.

[quote=“adamm07, post:60, topic:2114”]This guy looks exactly like Fernando Sancho, don’t you think? (but I know that it can’t be him)

[/quote]

Nope, it’s not Sancho. I think that’s Fidani himself. :smiley:

[quote=“Lone Gringo, post:62, topic:2114”]I think that’s Fidani himself. :D[/quote]Could be. Looks like him.

hah who knows?

Maybe this is one of Fidani’s strange jokes. :smiley:

Really a weak and boring movie…lol

Gordon Mitchell is the best thing about this one. Having a conversation with himself is interesting :smiley: .

Hey guys…i’m going to watch this fucking…on Blu ray!!!

I watched about half of this last night. It’s definitely the worst spag I’ve seen so far, bar none. It’s so bad it’s fascinating - one bad decision after another.

This isn’t to say it doesn’t have comedic value. I loved the line about the “Sartana” character, where the old man says “He’s a sort of mystery man” unironically in a conversation. The frog scene was just so awful, and so baffling (why? WHYYYYY?), and the padding was taken to such an extreme it seemed almost intentional. The card game with “Django,” for instance - we watch the guys play a hand for no good reason, cut to “Sartana” riding, and then GO BACK TO THE CARD GAME AND WATCH ANOTHER HAND BEFORE ANYTHING HAPPENS! It makes Octaman look like a Kurosawa film.

EDIT: Watched the rest last night. Wow. WOW. It’s hard to imagine a worse movie. The gunfights were practically random shots of random guys shooting guns in random directions. Sometimes I wondered if I’d accidentally paused the movie, “but…wait, no, those guys are moving…” It was less coherent than the space battle in Star Crash. The un-acting, the un-script…again, I don’t see how something could unintentionally be this much of a mess. I became enraged as often as I laughed…so this movie did get an emotional reaction out of me…

So how is the blu ray? Pretty surprised to see this…

Edit- Was thinking about getting the double feature blu with Mallory Must Not Die, but I see that neither are English friendly

Yea…but the quality is excellent !!

Looks like its featured on the same double billing as Timeless Media / Shout! Factory released on DVD in US (second title being Mallory Must Not Die)

Also Django’s Cut Price Corpses and Django Kills Softly are released by this German company on blu ray, same double billing again as the Timeless DVD

The blu rays state “newly remastered from original negative” on all titles, but seems surely they are from the same masters as the Timeless DVDs.

Only Django’s Cut Price Corpses has English dub, and none have English subs.

I would definitely get these blus if they had English options…

edit I made a mistake about one of the Timeless Media double feature DVDs - Mallory Must Not Die isn’t included on any of the Timeless DVDs. Instead its W Django as the second title on that one

FYI there’s a big-ass blu-ray rip with English dub added over at your favorite site, along with those other titles as well 8)

Watched a Demofilo Fidani movie tonight for the first time, and the last, at least as long as the Bundy show is on Telly, I think it was this one. Thought it would never end, but it did. Now I know that all the bad things written about this guy Fidani is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Before you abandon him altogether you owe it to yourself to check out Dead Men Don’t Make Shadows (1970). It’s not going to trouble the higher reaches of the Alternative Top 20 anytime soon but it’s really not too bad at all. Pretty wacky of course but it all sort-of holds. Mostly. In fact as long as you keep your brain on “Economy” setting, it can be quite a fun picture. :slight_smile:

So I should have some drinks first?

Well, as I already had a few, and I’ll try anything twice, I decided to take your advice. And I must give it to you, this one was more like it!

Screens from the German blu ray

1 Like

That seems to have a good combo of sharpness and nice saturation levels.

Its a great looking blu… unfortunately there is no english option, but it has been fandubbed