Django … Adios! / Seminò morte … lo chiamavano il Castigo di Dio (Roberto Mauri, 1972)

A week ago I studied the casts of the two Three Stars Films productions (Wanted Sabata and Arriva Durango, paga o muori), with interesting results I’ll post in the respective threads - and Database pages - in the near future.

I would have liked to do with Seminò morte… lo chiamavano il castigo di Dio the same I did years ago with Corte Marziale, but as far as i know there is no DVD release and to this day the movie is not available on YouTube: in Mauri’s 1974 film for example there are about 10 additional scenes involving Karis, Craig Hill, Salvatore Billa and a handful of new actors; on the other hand Hunt Powers and José Torres, significantly uncredited, are only in recycled footage.

Among new performers in this one I see the name of Zara Cilli, mainly a photonovels actress (see below). What role is she playing?

And apart from Vassili Karis, are there new connecting scenes with Brad Harris too?

I don’t think either of these ladies or sequences appear in either. First is Karis’s girl Giselle, second Harris’s girl Mary Ann.

Very interesting, thanks!

Scherp, at this point I would add the words erroneously or mistakenly to note 1 in your excellent review:
“Some mistakenly think all scenes were recycled from the two other movies”

So the other actress should be Matilde Antonelli…

In Wanted Sabata and Durango Is Coming Harris’s girls were Elena Pedemonte and Gisela Hahn, in other words the Mormon girls of They Call Me Trinity. Gentlemen Prefer Blondes? :relaxed:

I chose erroneously :wink:

All three main actors have additional scenes (we need only to think of the ending) and the same goes for other two performers, master of arms Roberto Messina and Franco Pasquetto. If I remember rightly, also the brief scene in which Maretta Procaccini fixes Brad Harris’ neckerchief is not taken from Durango Is Coming.

Actresses Matilde Antonelli and Zara Cilli seem the only new entries, but no recycled footage for Pietro Fumelli too (in Wanted Sabata he played a completely different role).

I acquired the Dutch VHS eventually and decided to give it a watch. It’s a stupid movie with terrible dialogue but I have to admit that I kinda like it for what it is. It manages to entertain. I haven’t watched Durango, so everything felt new to me and I didn’t notice the stock footage. I’ll have to get around to the other film.

This movie’s page in the database has been updated to the new format. Please report any errors or submit information, links, reviews and pictures.

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2023 thread:

2 Likes