Death Rides a Horse / Da uomo a uomo (Giulio Petroni, 1967)

What do you mean exactly with the ā€œmost quotableā€?

You think it has better dialogues or one liners than the Leone and Corbucci films?

At least on their level.

Yes, i think there are a lot of good one-liners in DRAH. More than the Leoneā€™s or Corbucciā€™s, though iā€™d rather watch them.

Truth is I canā€™t remember any outstanding dialogue in DRaH. In fact the whole screenplay is nothing special, and for me much weaker than Vincenzoniā€™s work for the 2 Sergios. (But for those he wasnā€™t the only cook in the kitchen)

Well ā€¦

ā€œBefore they kill me, I gotta give them permission and I donā€™t think Iā€™ll give it to them.ā€

ā€œYou got a stupid face, but you get itā€

ā€œWho are you?ā€
ā€œSomeone who takes his anger out on menā€

ā€œMy gun!ā€

ā€œThey came in the window. It wasnā€™t to wish me pleasant dreamsā€

ā€œFifteen years, thereā€™s been no new track. Only a spur. Then you come along, and thereā€™s three spursā€

Iā€™d say the dialog is very good & memorable. In fact, along with the score, itā€™s one of the movies strong points.

The score is good but not half as good as in a Leone.

And these dialogue examples are nothing special imo. Just ok, not more. Again, compared to e.g. GBU, there are worlds between.

Being a sort of newbie (though Iā€™ve seen a lot in the short time that Iā€™ve been watching) to Spaghettis, the other day was the first time that I saw Death Rides A Horse and have to say that I was pretty impressed with it.

I think this was mostly due to two things.

First, Lee Van Cleef. Yes, there were some real groaners that he was in (some that Iā€™ve seen, some that Iā€™ve heard about) but the man was legend.

And two, the duststorm running gun battle near the end. This was nicely done, doing its job of making me think about what I would do if I were caught up in it.

The tin acting of John Phillip Law kinda works for the character of Bill but makes me wonder what would have happened if Bill had been played by someone with a bit more experience under his belt.

All in all, I like Death Rides A Horse very much.

I have to agree with you, the duststorm scene was well-done. By the way, welcome to the forum Christopher Grant!

Nothing New here

But found the Lyrics of the main soundtrack title from Morricone, and as you must have notice iā€™m a sucker for lyrics

Heā€™ll be cominā€™ down the mountains
Heā€™ll be cominā€™ downļ»æ the mountains
Heā€™ll be drivinā€™ all his hatred
Whoā€™ll be the first to test his gun
Whoā€™ll be the last to see the ground

And when appeased will be his hatred
And when complete will be his revenge
Who had put flowers on your grave
There is noļ»æ way out for you, men
And also for you who always have won comes
The moment of truth comes

Very simple but very effective, wtih a great martial rhythm

[quote=ā€œEl Topo, post:210, topic:172ā€]Nothing New here

But found the Lyrics of the main soundtrack title from Morricone, and as you must have notice iā€™m a sucker for lyrics

Heā€™ll be cominā€™ down the mountains
Heā€™ll be cominā€™ downļ»æ the mountains

And when appeased will be his hatred
And when complete will be his revenge
Who had put flowers on your grave
There is noļ»æ way out for you, men
And also for you who always have won comes

Very simple but very effective, wtih a great martial rhythm[/quote]

Tu que Ć©s entendido de mĆŗsica, conheces estes tipos:

NĆ£o, nunca tinha ouvido falar, mas pelo estilo e spor serem amigos dos Resindence, penso que sĆ£o uma das muitas bandas com influencias dos Mogwai e you will know us by the trail of the dead, e desse tipo de som

I have been looking for a CD of Russian Circles in Brussels, but could find one

I have most of Mogwai; Russian circles sounds a bit like a cross between Mogway and Tool
The Japanese group Mono is very good too

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:213, topic:172ā€]I have been looking for a CD of Russian Circles in Brussels, but could find one

I have most of Mogwai; Russian circles sounds a bit like a cross between Mogway and Tool
The Japanese group Mono is very good too

I love that post-rock sound. If you guys like Mogwai, Iā€™d recommend a portuguese band called The allstar project
http://www.myspace.com/theallstarproject

I took the name of my blog (por um punhado de euros) from one of their songs. It sounds like a post-spaghetti-rock!

Sherps which album are you looking for? I could find it for you here in Portugal.

Two threads for this one, and merged they are.

Still my favourite non-Leone, even though Iā€™ve only seen this twice.

High praise indeed. What about The Great Silence (my favourite non-Leone)?

The Great Silence is definitely top 10 material, but itā€™s not my favourite Corbucci, I think I prefer Il mercenario and Companeros.

John I should send you a couple of copies of some great SWs since you do not seem to have a few yet. Which ones have you seen?

Not too many, Iā€™m afraid.

Iā€™ve only seen the following:

Black Jack
Blindman
Once Upon a Time in the West
Death Rides a Horse
Godā€™s Gun
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
This Man Canā€™t Die!
The Great Silence
Challenge of McKenna
El Puro