Day of Anger

LOL you should put your offer up on the market place. For the record I am willing to part with my copy for $199!

so, this was mentioned a few pages back… is WE a totally legit company? I’ve been wondering about this… seems like at least some of their releases are likely not 100% licensed and whatnot

I always wonder about this aswell.

Is their website even secure? It doesn’t say https on the billing and shipping information page. At least amazon.com stocks their releases in any case.

They do license their products they are legit but I AM REALLLY FUCKING PISSED OFF ABOUT HAVING TO WAIT A FUCKING YEAR AND A HALF FOR LONG RIDE FROM FUCKING HELL (COMING SOON MY ASS) TO COME OUT!!!

Hasn’t there been enough discussions about Wild East (being legit/non-legit company) already? Still haven’t seen any proof about them being legit but many things contradict that claim. Just go through old topics. I don’t want to start this fight again… :-\

I can relate to this.

So can I.

Didn’t they announce this dvd last Jan. 2008?

As for WE being legit or not, I have good reason to believe (not getting into it because last time everybody jumped my ass) they aren’t but who really cares?
As long as they continue to release quality dvds, I’ll buy from them.

they’re legit. but it’s a tiny “company”. they license their material and then release it. the thing is you know, its - from a non-US perspective - merely a professional bootlegging company as they get the actual material from SOMEWHERE after they auction/buy the actual rights to the films. it’s not like they buy a catalog of movie titles like for example koch media and then buy the official material from italy etc…
but they’re legit, it’s just on a small scale…

But how do you really feel about this subject? :wink:

thanks for the answer Sebastian, that makes things absolutely clear. I don’t really care if its a bootleg or not in terms of whether or not I want their dvds, just curious as to how the well known companies operate as a reference point

I never got the impression they were bootleggers. Being in the States it is good to have a small company dedicated to Spaghetti westerns - now if they get a better version of Arizona Colt aka The Man From Nowhere I’ll be happy.

They announced it some time last year.
It was going to be a double bill of that movie and the Steffen “sequel”.
Hopefully, that’s still in the pipeline.

I hope so too. I was let down by the awful quality in it after seeing Day of Anger.

is it really that much worse than Day of Anger? Its been a long time since I watched Arizona Colt, but I don’t remember it being that bad… and I’m not very impressed with Day of Anger personally.

IMO Arizona Colt is a good one. Third best Gemma for me.

In Germany there’s a DVD of it: “Halleluja Companeros”

Agreed. One of the handful of really good Gemma westerns.
All of which sit behind Return of Ringo of course :wink:

which sits behind California :wink:

:smiley:
Well, you know we are going to have to agree to disagree there. But I am glad to hear you rate California so highly. I know many do not like it so much. For my money it is definitely amongst that handful I mentioned of really good Gemma films and could well sneak into second place if I was making a list of such things.

Eventually (for my money) it was worth purchasing the NEW DVD.

I wrote it somewhere else, but California comes up with a refreshingly unrefreshing Gemma.

I enjoy One Silver Dollar as much as the Ringo movies and California.