Day of Anger

I also like the mad-maxish look of Califoria. Know what I mean?

I still haven’t seen California. I’ve been wondering about it for a while, don’t know why I haven’t watched it yet.

Not a big fan of Gemma, can’t think of any that make my favorite spaghettis…

And with Day of Anger, aside from not being impressed with the DVD, the film didn’t make much of an impression on me either… maybe it was a case of buildup-from-all-the-hype… but it seems to be that way with a lot of the respected Gemma spaghettis for me…

All I can think of with Day of Anger are those big silly guns in front of the saloon

Yes, I know what you mean. By 1977 those western town sets really were falling down. They didn’t have to do much to give them that ‘post apocalyptic’ feel.

I really like DoA, but that gun-part is amongst the worst and most embarrassing things for me as a SW lover I’ve ever seen…

I agree - they look out of place. What was I thinking when I designed that saloon? LOL

“Man I like guns”. That’s what you thought.

I do but everyone has an idea that goes overboard and that was mine moment of silliness.

And it’s always hard to admit to a mistake, so you had to stick to the gun-project…

Plus he already hired the wood sculptor… that kind of work isn’t cheap, you know

Tell me about it - that gold leaf on them wasn’t cheap either - it wasn’t gold paint like everyone thought.

HAHAHAHA your post made my day.

Day of Anger is in my personal top 10 if I remember correctly but the thing that almost ruined it for me was the saloon girl song and dance number. I hate when people fucking sing in westerns! LOL

Although I did like Clint Eastwood’s humming at the beginnning of a few dollars more when he shoots the guy off the horse.

Maybe size matters …

That’s not what my girlfriend told me…

:D.

Hello Friends!!

Willing to up my offer to $120 for DAY OF ANGER by WILD EAST. Remember, it’s got to be mint and Region 1. Also, the seller has to be someone from the states. Everytime I get something from overseas, the item somehow gets destroyed. Bad experiences.

Also looking for BOOT HILL by WILD EAST as well. Willing to spend $50. on that one. Let me know.

Blonde66

Glad you like Boot Hill. (Maybe)

If your main interest is the film, not the film as WE release, you should perhaps try to get the german 3DVD edition which has english audio, a longer version, and probably superior picture quality.

For those who haven’t seen it yet (very few I suppose), and who want to see it again, the film is available on You Tube now. If you want to (re)watch it, do it quickly, because these kind of ‘complete movies in parts’ are often kicked off You Tube rather soon. Here’s part one:

Hello Friends!!

I might be able to get my hands on a Wild East DAY OF ANGER. Someone is offering to sell it to me from dvdtalk.com. Just so I know, is the Wild East version uncut?

Thanx.
Blonde66

haven’t we had this discussion before? oh no that was beyond the law / grand duel.

I believe it is AT LEAST the uncut THEATRICAL version.

i own this dvd and you cant do anything wrong. you better own this :wink:

The Seven 7 release looks pretty excellent, better than the WE- although not English friendly