Day of Anger (Wild East) DVD

Some collectors will pay very high prices for stuff and this is fine if thats what you want to spend your cash on. I am not one of them though, as just want to see the film at the end of the day.

Me too, if it’s a rare tape or something I might pay a decent price but no extreme.

For me it depends on the product. I do like to have the “real thing” if I can, and especially if there’s something special about it like with the Koch rainbow series. Its nice to have the full collection. But I would never be willing to pay high prices for them… And when its just a normally packaged DVD without any extras then I really don’t see any point at all. But it is nice when they come with little booklets or posters and whatnot

I wish more DVD companies would include extras like that. I’m much more likely to buy a release if there’s something unique about it

I guess i would go quite high if i really wanted something. I mean i have forked out £50/£60 on some LP’s in the past. $40 for a new Day Of Anger dvd isn’t bad really considering that i’ve seen people on the amazon marketplace wanting upwards of $70 for both Johnny Yuma/Between God, The Devil and a Winchester and Kill And Pray, both of which were later releases.

For some reason, I am willing to pay more for an LP than a DVD…

:smiley: But probably not for the ones i got! :stuck_out_tongue:

Which ones were they?

Fat Mattress ( by Fat Mattress), Scott (Scott Walker) and Elmer gantry’s Velvet Opera (same). (Very imaginative titles eh?)

Other not quite so expensive stuff included discs by Quatermass and The Pink Fairies.

You’re right I wouldn’t have got them :smiley: But I’ve actually not heard of any of these before. Elmer gantry’s Velvet Opera, Quatermass and The Pink Fairies sound interesting though, from the short bits I’ve just read

Well, i’d hesitate to recommend them to anyone to be honest…from the reactions i’ve had before! I’m afraid a large part of my musical taste was shaped by a teenage uncle (i lived with my grandparents til i was 5 or 6 and they still had 4 kids at home at that time). In fact talking music with friends is pretty hard as they don’t usually have a clue what i’m on about!

[quote=“Silver, post:88, topic:1559”]Fat Mattress ( by Fat Mattress), Scott (Scott Walker) and Elmer gantry’s Velvet Opera (same). (Very imaginative titles eh?)

Other not quite so expensive stuff included discs by Quatermass and The Pink Fairies.[/quote]

OH MY!!
I thought I was the only person on earth that knew about Elmer Gantry’s Velvet Opera!
I got a copy of their eponymous LP from a Disc Jockey when I was a kid----a long, long time ago. ;D
He gave me Donovan’s “Open Road” album at the same time. Both LP’s played a major role in the shaping of my personal musical style as far as guitar playing and composing.

As for collector prices and LP’s…
Back in 1983 I paid $75.00 for the German United Aritists LP of Morricone’s THE MERCENARY, $80.00 for the original Japanese UA LP of Giombini’s SABATA, and $110.00 for the original CAM LP that had the soundtracks for VENGEANCE and FIND A PLACE TO DIE.
I sold all of these a few years ago. THE MERCENARY LP brought $85.00. The SABATA LP brought $100.00 and the CAM LP brought a staggering $210.00!
These were all sold via eBay.

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:91, topic:1559”]OH MY!!
I thought I was the only person on earth that knew about Elmer Gantry’s Velvet Opera!
I got a copy of their eponymous LP from a Disc Jockey when I was a kid----a long, long time ago. ;D
He gave me Donovan’s “Open Road” album at the same time. Both LP’s played a major role in the shaping of my personal musical style as far as guitar playing and composing.[/quote]

Wow…finally i know a third person who’s heard of them! The other two were my uncle (obviously) and one of my bosses when i worked in a Supermarket whilst at school. (Found out after i had to go to his office and caught him singing “Flames” to himself!)

Ah…heard a lot of Donovan growing up. One of my dad’s favourites, along with Arlo and Woody Guthrie, Pete Seeger, Joan Baez and Linda Ronstadt!

Hmm…gone waaaaay off topic here haven’t i! :-[

I know the feeling quite well

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:91, topic:1559”]Back in 1983 I paid $75.00 for the German United Aritists LP of Morricone’s THE MERCENARY, $80.00 for the original Japanese UA LP of Giombini’s SABATA, and $110.00 for the original CAM LP that had the soundtracks for VENGEANCE and FIND A PLACE TO DIE.
I sold all of these a few years ago. THE MERCENARY LP brought $85.00. The SABATA LP brought $100.00 and the CAM LP brought a staggering $210.00![/quote]

That’s a good amount of cash. That CAM LP would be pretty cool to have, a bit out of my price range though!

Always wanted this one Chris, but never got my hands on it. Whenever I phoned up for a copy it had always been sold.

Most expensive I ever paid for an L.P was the Poo Bootleg to The Hills Run Red. Swapped this for some rare VHS Spaghetti tapes in the early 90’s. Later on I got the South Africa L.P to The Hills Run Red which had one extra track compared to the Poo Bootleg. Someone did me a copy of the score from a 12 CD set issued by Film Score Monthly, which is mainly sourced from the Poo L.P as no master tapes were available. Two tracks are sourced from an Italian E.P as I recall. Anyway this release has an extra track compared to the South Africa L.P. Not one of my favourite Morricone western scores, but just got carried away collecting it :smiley: .

There was also some guy at Amazon trying to sell some toy of some sort for $500!

Wow, this started a HUGE discussion.

I seen one go on ebay for $159 once.

I’m looking for the Wild East DVD of Day of Anger starring Lee Van Cleef, now out of print.

Please PM me.

Richard

This is pretty much the holy grail of spaghetti western dvds. It is out there, but be prepared to pay a hefty price.

Did you get the DVD, Col. Douglas Mortimer?

Richard

Who knows maybe Wild East will re release like they have done with better versions of Kill and Pray and Arizona Colt…