Day of Anger (Wild East) DVD

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:98, topic:1559”]This is pretty much the holy grail of spaghetti western dvds. It is out there, but be prepared to pay a hefty price.[/quote]Last one I saw was $200!!!

Paid 5 euro for it, still sealed, some months ago.

Where? Do they have anymore of 'em?

Richard

No, got it from a private seller with 1 copy. All I’m saying is that it’s not impossible to get lucky.

[quote=“Richard–W, post:99, topic:1559”]Did you get the DVD, Col. Douglas Mortimer?

Richard[/quote]

Yeah, unfortunately it got irreparibly damaged during a car accident (don’t ask). I just have a dvdr of it now.

So what must a poor sap do who is just getting into speghetti westerns that really wants to have this wild east presentation? I have a 106" screen to fill up with quality. Please help!

[quote=“Fendersrule, post:106, topic:1559”]So what must a poor sap do who is just getting into speghetti westerns that really wants to have this wild east presentation?[/quote]Stick your hand in your pocket I’m afraid. Unless you’s settle for a dvd-r from someone.

I’m pretty sure there are people on this forum willing to send you a burned copy as a part of a trade.

BTW, with all the public domain cheap box sets coming out which seemingly rip off legit dvd releases, I wonder why none of the box sets have included Day of Anger? Everything from the Ringo films, Sartana, to Keoma I’ve seen, but Day of Anger remains as elusive as ever.

Never thought of that till you mentioned, good point.

I’d settle for that!!! (hint)

Try this!http://www.ioffer.com/i/day-of-anger-(1967)-rare-italian-western-classic-492492372
good luck.

That link works. But would someone be providing the Wild East Presentation? If not, someone from the forum could help out a brother in need. Send me a PM! $$

These are the speg. westerns that I’ve been recommended based on my tastes:

Day of Anger (hopefully will find a DVD-R of Wild East presentation)
The Big Gundown (in process of getting)
Companedos (will see tonight from Blue Underground DVD that I ordered)
Run Man Run (Blue Underground has this, but I’d rather watch them in order)
Face to Face (probably hard to find a damn good presentation)
Death Rides on a Horse (ordered last night from Wild East)

I think that’s about all I’ve been recommended based on my preferences (#1. Once Upon a Time in the West, #2 Good, Bad, Ugly, #3 For a Few Dollars More, #4 The Mercenary, #5 Django, #6 A Fistful of Dollars). I’ve seen a few others (The Hills Run Red, Navajo Joe, etc that I didn’t care to much for, but they were passable --Not in a hurry to watch them again but they have some great elements). The Great Silence was unique and different (brooding), but I’d rather wait to see it again with a proper anamorphic presentation that doesn’t suck.

Thanks for any help.

[quote=“Fendersrule, post:112, topic:1559”]That link works. But would someone be providing the Wild East Presentation? If not, someone from the forum could help out a brother in need. Send me a PM! $$

These are the speg. westerns that I’ve been recommended based on my tastes:

Day of Anger (hopefully will find a DVD-R of Wild East presentation)
The Big Gundown (in process of getting)
Companedos (will see tonight from Blue Underground DVD that I ordered)
Run Man Run (Blue Underground has this, but I’d rather watch them in order)
Face to Face (probably hard to find a damn good presentation)
Death Rides on a Horse (ordered last night from Wild East)

I think that’s about all I’ve been recommended based on my preferences (#1. Once Upon a Time in the West, #2 Good, Bad, Ugly, #3 For a Few Dollars More, #4 The Mercenary, #5 Django, #6 A Fistful of Dollars). I’ve seen a few others (The Hills Run Red, Navajo Joe, etc that I didn’t care to much for, but they were passable --Not in a hurry to watch them again but they have some great elements). The Great Silence was unique and different (brooding), but I’d rather wait to see it again with a proper anamorphic presentation that doesn’t suck.

Thanks for any help.[/quote]

Based on your favourites Cemetery without Crosses should be one you should get.

Added! I like your name handle!

My what?

(sorry here my English abandons me …)

[quote=“Stanton, post:115, topic:1559”]My what?

(sorry here my English abandons me …)[/quote]

Nickname

My forum Name?

Yes, it’s one of the words they use to refer to that name on the left. Don’t get the idea behind it, though. It’s not very common

i´m curious, but why Fendersrule has still zero posts in the postcounter? ???

Good question. Hadn’t noticed it.
New members, new tricks