Day of Anger (Wild East) DVD

And you have to have access to the original DVD to get that 30 cent DVD-R in the first place, so that was a somewhat strange statement, Stanton.

The WE DAY OF ANGER disc is the best version of this film that has so far surfaced. Frankly, there is no telling when another version will be made available. It could be out in two months or twenty years.
Some people don’t want to wait around for an unspecified, or indefinite length of time to get a copy of this film–they want it, now!

As for $44.00 being a ridiculous price…well…maybe to some. I sold my extra used copy of this disc on eBay for about $40.00 just a few months ago. I was glad to get the money.

I agree that it is pretty shallow for van1 to sign-up on the forum just to post about his eBay auction (and in the wrong section, as well).

But, I don’t think it is fair for everybody to jump on him (or her) for the price they are asking on their auction.
I had everybody attacking me for the price on my previously mentioned auction here, as well (before anybody knew that the auction was mine!)–and it sure didn’t make me feel happy to be back on the forum, at the time.

Anyway…just my thoughts on this…not really important, either way, I guess.

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:61, topic:1559”]But, I don’t think it is fair for everybody to jump on him (or her) for the price they are asking on their auction.
I had everybody attacking me for the price on my previously mentioned auction here, as well (before anybody knew that the auction was mine!)–and it sure didn’t make me feel happy to be back on the forum, at the time.[/quote]

Not everybody Chris :wink:

As far as I’m concerned If someone has the money and they’re happy to spend it, it’s up to them. Everyone has their own idea of what is expensive and what is ‘worth it’.
I’m just not keen on people coming on the forum simply to sell something here.

But as you say, not really that important in the grand scheme of things. :slight_smile:

I certainly agree with that, amigo!

$44 for the WE Day of Anger brand new is an excellent deal! A diehard collector would jump at that price. Absolutely nothing WRONG with that price, especially for an OOP band new copy!

What IS WRONG is someone signing up as a forum member merely to spam their ebay listing in the wrong section.

Someone please ban VAN1 from the forum.

Well I’ll say it again… Check what section we’re in… The Trading Post in a specific post for someone looking for the WE-disc. The post couldn’t be placed a better place.

It may still be spam, but it is at least well-placed spam.

Best place for spam I find is in a sandwich with a nice bit of pickle.

[quote=“Søren, post:65, topic:1559”]Well I’ll say it again… Check what section we’re in… The Trading Post in a specific post for someone looking for the WE-disc. The post couldn’t be placed a better place.

It may still be spam, but it is at least well-placed spam.[/quote]

Hmm…You are right, Soren. Hadn’t realized that this thread was in the Trading Post section.
Still a bit irked that someone would sign-up here just to post something for sale, though.
However, I don’t think banning someone without giving them a chance is called for.
If they never post anything else in the future…maybe; but, to just kill them off after their very first post seems a little severe.
That somehow reminds me of that bit in Alex Cox’s film, STRAIGHT TO HELL, where The Pogues encounter Strummer and crew for the first time.
“Strangers!” one of them says.
And the first response/reaction is: “Kill 'em!”!
Shoot first and ask questions later…to the extreme.
:wink:

I do like Phil’s spam comment, though! :smiley:

Do agree that its annoying when people come onto forums just to advertise something. If you’re an active member here, then fine, but its rather rude when advertisements are the only posts you make.

Agree.

FACTS

Thanks for everyone passing judgement on me and my finances. Isn’t passing judgement fun and doesn’t it fill you with a glow of superiority?

…and it appears i’ve still only made 1 post…

I disagree, Phil. The best place for spam is leaving it in the can! I grew up on that shit and can no longer stand the sight of it. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

van1, these are good folks, just a little gunshy from some past experiences… :wink:

[quote=“van1, post:70, topic:1559”]FACTS

Thanks for everyone passing judgement on me and my finances. Isn’t passing judgement fun and doesn’t it fill you with a glow of superiority?

…and it appears i’ve still only made 1 post…[/quote]

Please accept my apology, van1.
I know exactly how you feel.

AceHigh…yes, some of us are gunshy around here; but, that still doesn’t excuse the way we fell into the “shoot now, ask questions later” trap.

Please accept my apology Van1. Although it was easy to to see why I was quick to judge I jumped to conclusions a little too quick. So sorry.

We’ve had people come on here in the past that obviosly only signed up to spam or advertise and I certainly don’t take kindly to that. I don’t play nice to those people and feel they should be banned. I don’t think you’re the same though and that was my mistake.

Try to participate regularly here every once in a while though its a good forum and you’ll have fun.

For what its worth van1, these conversations tend to develop into a life of their own and I think we were mostly just discussing this particular issue more than trying to pass judgement on you :wink:

If I made the wrong assumption, even due to technical faults, my apologies. But on the other hand, don’t be offended so quickly. I was merely expressing my thoughts and did not insult you or anything like that.

Besides this, you have the right to ask any price. It is your stuff. Just as I have the right to find certain price tags ridiculous.

Well, there you go. A gazillion apologies already. Aren’t we a nice bunch. Welcome to the forum and have a nice stay.

This is true.

Beating taken.

I have to clearify that I have no problem with people selling such items for unbelievable prices (I would do it myself without hesitating, so no reason to worry Chris from my point of view), I was aiming at the people who are willing to pay those prices. These are the crazy ones, albeit I nevertheless easily understand the collector’s mentality.

When the German DVD of Fire Walk with Me was oop it went on Amazon Marketplace up to more than 100 €. I’m sure now there isn’t much interest in this since there was a re-release.

A collector’s item like the Sollima Box in a special package with a book and a big booklet with an essay in it, that’s a different case. You won’t get this again, even if the films are out seperately. This is worth a higher price imo.

I think this wouldn’t be problem. I’m sure if I would try to get this copy I wouldn’t have any problems to get it in a trade.

Good point, amigo.

[quote=“van1, post:70, topic:1559”]FACTS

…and it appears i’ve still only made 1 post…[/quote]
Excuse us Van1.