Day of Anger (Wild East) DVD

Well…I am a real fan. That eBay auction is mine. I don’t really WANT to sell this DVD; but, being as I have been without work for over four months…
I figured if I could get, at least, 40 bucks for it, I would let it go.
It isn’t a matter of my not wanting to help a fan out (whatever that was supposed to mean, Frank Talby), it is simply a matter of my not having any money, these days.
If someone wants to buy it…GREAT!! If they don’t…then I will keep the disc!
I am just doing everything I can, right now, to make enough money to pay my bills and get moved back to Oklahoma (where a job will be waiting for me after May!).
Sorry if my auction has offended you guys, somehow.

As did I, for the $30 that was the price tag then… If you can scoop it up for $40 now that’s a bargain.

If you looked at what many OOP DVDs are going for you would fall off the horse for sure :slight_smile:

Hey it’s a free market and this is a capitalistic society so all the power to you.

Soren, Yea I have looked for OOP dvds and I did fall off my horse.

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:41, topic:1559”]Well…I am a real fan. That eBay auction is mine. I don’t really WANT to sell this DVD; but, being as I have been without work for over four months…
I figured if I could get, at least, 40 bucks for it, I would let it go.
It isn’t a matter of my not wanting to help a fan out (whatever that was supposed to mean, Frank Talby), it is simply a matter of my not having any money, these days.
If someone wants to buy it…GREAT!! If they don’t…then I will keep the disc!
I am just doing everything I can, right now, to make enough money to pay my bills and get moved back to Oklahoma (where a job will be waiting for me after May!).
Sorry if my auction has offended you guys, somehow.[/quote]

Hey Chris, long time no see. Going back to Soonerland, huh?

Howdy, amigo!

No. I am going back to the land of the Oklahoma State Cowboys! I am going to be working for Oklahoma State University in Stillwater. Better dead than Red! insert any other anti-Sooner slogans here! ha ha ha!

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:45, topic:1559”]Howdy, amigo!

No. I am going back to the land of the Oklahoma State Cowboys! I am going to be working for Oklahoma State University in Stillwater. Better dead than Red! insert any other anti-Sooner slogans here! ha ha ha![/quote]

Whew! I was worried there for a little bit. Glad to see you’re not a fan of the evil Sooner empire!

i have a day of anger dvd in pretty good condition i will trade olny for other dvds from wild east but i am new to the forum so i do not know who to trade or go about that who ever is interested contact me or something…

I’ve listed my brand new still sealed Wild East copy on ebay for U$44 if anyone is interested
http://cgi.ebay.ca/DAY-OF-ANGER-WILD-EAST-DVD-SEALED-Lee-Van-Cleef-Gemma_W0QQitemZ200412158241QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray?hash=item2ea97ed921
Also listed an original copy of ‘the hard way’ starring Lee Van Cleef and Patrick McGoohan http://cgi.ebay.ca/THE-HARD-WAY-PATRICK-MCGOOHAN-LEE-VAN-CLEEF-not-on-dvd_W0QQitemZ200412158955QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVHS?hash=item2ea97edbeb

thanks

Welcome to the forum Van1!

I think Van1 only wants to sell his stuff (at ridiculous price).

I think you are right.
Not so welcome then.

And we do have a market place section for selling stuff.

This is the marketplace Bill !?

And I will say it again $44 aint a bad price for this one… I paid $30 (the retail price) for a new copy before it went oop… Paying $44 now for a brand new copy is actually a pretty fair price.

I would love it if you weren’t allowed to sell stuff for more than what it retailed for but I’m afraid that ain’t how the world works.

It’s worth what anybody pays for it, I agree with you so far. I would never pay $44 for a dvd, but maybe that’s just me. I could buy a lot of great stuff still lacking in my collection for that sum. Halleluja Box is only 20 - 25 euro for example. My main criticism is someone registering merely to focus attention on his ebay auction.

Agreed… That’s borderline spam…

I would never pay $44 either especially not for this movie which is bound to come out in a superior version sooner or later … But damn, prices tend to go through the roof once an item isn’t readily available in shops anymore.

I think BL is right about Van1.

Also about prices for DVDs. Why buying a oop DVD for an idiotic prize, if you can get a 30 cent DVD-R copy out of it without any problems.

… and why not just buy a brand new stamp that you can actually use for posting instead of buying some 80 year-old used obsolete stamp for a $100…

Haha. I sense some sarcasm.

Correct, but this WE disc is nothing special (or am I wrong?) and will be not much worth when another and maybe better DVD is released. If I only want to see the film of an oop DVD, I would choose the 30 cent variant, or spare me watching it.

I bought the Anolis Cemetery without Crosses for 28 €, but I would never have paid the Amazon.de price of 48 €. But this will be the great, great exception.

No not to me either but there will always be the hardcore WE fan that has to have every release they put out no matter if they are inferior.

Hell, there are people today buying VHS-tapes for biiiig money that are absolutely dreadful compared to the dvd version but who have to have that special release.

Does it make sense? Hell no. Collectors are insane. That’s why you can’t throw out a totally rational statement like that about the 30 cent dvdr without taking a beating :slight_smile: