Day of Anger (Wild East) DVD

as I said before, I’ll sell mine for 199 dollars. PM me

OK then, I’ll sell mine for $198 :slight_smile:

Never seen auction going this way before. haha!

there are some platforms on the internet like that, where the sellers auction for the bidders :slight_smile:

Does anyone know why wild east stopped making this so fast?

I don’t think this title is particular different to the other Wild East titles. I think they make a ‘print run’ of around a 1000 copies and when they are gone, they’re gone. As far as I remember Day Of Anger was 4 years in going OOP, I wouldn’t call that that fast. A damn shame for people joining the spaghetti western caravan now though, that’s for sure.

Actually, the CSR said:
We cannot provide manufacturer information regarding this title. All of our titles are authorized releases by the studios/copyright owners.

They didn’t say they did not know who they were. They just are not at liberty to disclose the information.

This is usually because when a title is distributed, many manufacturers are used by these types of DVD stores. They get them from any and every -where they can.

You probably should have asked to speak to their distribution manager, not just their customer service drones.

Ciao,
Grendelwulf

An original sold for £34 U.K pounds on E .Bay the other day. From a good seller who does not sell copies as I have purchased from him in the past

Although it’s nice to have English audio throughout the whole movie (although Gemma’s dubbing as always is terrible so its nice to have the Italian option too), I am still confused as to why these people offering to re-mortgage their houses for the Wild East print don’t just spend 50 bucks on a region-free DVD player and 50 bucks on the Japanese release.

The Japanese release only contains the short US version of the movie with English dub missing almost 30 minutes and the long Italian version included is without subs so more or less useless unless you speak Italian (or Japanese) or am I missing something?

yes the fact that we quietly hope for a Koch Media release of this :stuck_out_tongue:

That is the old Japanese release. The new Japanese release has one complete uncut version of the movie with the originally missing scenes switching into Italian (with a rather annoying reduction in volume and only Japanese subtitles) due to a lack of English audio. The Wild East guys somehow found these missing parts of English dialogue (which I have heard are noticeably of less good quality than the rest of the movie) and have reinserted them.

But that still makes the new Japanese disc useless then if there is no English subs for long parts with forced Italian dub then?

Well the cut English version is 83 minutes compared to the original Italian version of 111, so in that sense you are indeed missing almost half an hour of potential English dialogue. However, no movie involves talking from start to finish (particularly not SWs) so the amount of dialogue missing isn’t all that great. It’s also worth bearing in mind that a large amount of the cut stuff is just longer versions of scenes that have all the dialogue intact.

I would also be interested to see a comparison of the WE and new SPO prints because the SPO one is anamorphic and looks great.

However I do take your point Søren and must confess that I can read Japanese quite well so it is much less annoying for me than it would be to others who cannot. Plus with the SPO disc I also get Japanese subtitles for the complete Italian version and, although I would obviously prefer English, I don’t think the WE disc has subtitles at all.

Just saying that that’s probably why people from the English-speaking part of the world is so hooked on the WE-release :slight_smile:

If only I could understand Italian, my movie-watching/hunting would be that much easier :slight_smile:

mamma mia, how true

Hi All,
I have an original sealed copy of the wild east ‘day of anger’ dvd if anyone wants it for $50 plus actual shipping. I also have the original US VHS of ‘The Hard Way’ starring Lee van cleef and ‘the prisoner’s’ Patrick McGoohan’, which i’d be happy to throw in, please email me if interested
thanks

Just saw on the old spaghetti board that a WE Day of Anger has been put on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DAY-OF-ANGER-original-Wild-East-Spaghetti-Western-DVD_W0QQitemZ270457982170QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray?hash=item3ef88d4cda&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

Bidding starts at $40 … Buy now for $110

insane… any real fan would help another fan out for sure. I am glad to have picked this up when it was released.