Coolest Spaghetti Western Title

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:60, topic:1281”]A friend of mine looked at my spaghetti tapes and was immediately drawn to ‘I came, I saw, I shot’. I had to convince him that the movie was nowhere near as good as the title, otherwise I would have had to watch that crap again.[/quote]It’s funny how some odd titles appeal to some. A friend of mine was watching my western collection once and he was drawn to title “Bad Man’s River” and wanted to see it. I also had to convince him to watch something better.

Bill, you’re a saint :wink:

I consider the true title of this picture to be “Once upon a time…A Revolution”, which I think is the literal english title. Someone confirm cause I might be wrong in my facts.

The German title is Todesmelodie/Melody of death which I think is way better than Duck you sucker but I prefer the Colonel’s version Once upon a time…A Revolution :slight_smile: !

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:44, topic:1281”]I love the title Cemetery Without Crosses. It is simple, clean and direct. The whole world is a boneyard fellows, dating back to the beginning of time. We all get planted sooner or later. Cemeteries are for the living, not the dead (they don’t give a shit anymore).

Also, The Great Silence. As mentioned above.[/quote]

I definetely thought the same about cemetery. Great title. But not the original one…

Death Rides A Horse
Kill Them All And Come back Alone
Massacre Time

All pretty cool.

18 - Prega Dio… e scavatì la fossa !
Pray to God… and dig yourself a pit !

Pregare Dio = pray (to God)
Scavare = to dig (the verb is used wit ‘tì’ = you, for you, yourself)
Fossa = pit, hole

A pit, so not even a real grave. I like those kind of short, agressive titles: Turn around… I’ll kill you!, Pray to God… and dig yourself a grave!

Prega Dio… e scava la fossa !

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:67, topic:1281”]18 - Prega Dio… e scavatì la fossa !
Pray to God… and dig yourself a pit !

Pregare Dio = pray (to God)
Scavare = to dig (the verb is used wit ‘tì’ = you, for you, yourself)
Fossa = pit, hole

A pit, so not even a real grave. I like those kind of short, agressive titles: Turn around… I’ll kill you!, Pray to God… and dig yourself a grave!

Prega Dio… e scava la fossa ![/quote]
That’s the one i’m escpecially interested in these days, but can’t seem to find it

17 - Joko, invoca Dio… e muori !
Joko, invoke God… and die !

Morir = to die

Short, agressive, slightly blasphemic, and good

About pronunciation: Italian has no diphthongs, if a stressed syllable has two vowels, both are pronounced seperately:
Di-o
Mu-o-ri
The name Paolo is pronounced Pa-o-lo

If a syllable with two vowels is not stressed, the sound is altered a little:
Sergio > the stress is ob the first syllable, therefore [gio] is not pronounced as gi-o (like in Dio) but like dzjo
Sèèèr-dzjo

Joko, invoca Dio… e muori !

English title: Vengeance

CINE CITY has a DVDr
Fullscreen, Danish subtitled

Click on ‘DVD’
Then on ‘SPAGHETTIWESTERNS’
You get a menu for regular DVDs, click on ‘DVDr projects’ (just above page 1-36)
You get the menu for DVDr’s
It’s on pag 41

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:70, topic:1281”]CINE CITY has a DVDr
Fullscreen, Danish subtitled

Click on 'DVD’
Then on 'SPAGHETTIWESTERNS’
You get a menu for regular DVDs, click on ‘DVDr projects’ (just above page 1-36)
You get the menu for DVDr’s
It’s on pag 41[/quote]
Their prices are a little bit too high for a DVDrs, but thanks

It’s a fine little spaghetti western, one of the better I’ve seen lately … Was so lucky to find the Danish tape that I gather the dvdr is taken from not many months ago. Haven’t got a dvd-recorder though so can’t make a copy alas :frowning:

The Danish title Tåber Dør translates to Fools Die by the way.

[quote=“Søren, post:72, topic:1281”]It’s a fine little spaghetti western, one of the better I’ve seen lately … Was so lucky to find the Danish tape that I gather the dvdr is taken from not many months ago. Haven’t got a dvd-recorder though so can’t make a copy alas :frowning:

The Danish title Tåber Dør translates to Fools Die by the way.[/quote]
I got interested in this one while compiling the “Zapata” list. I caught the trailer on youtube [ [url]- YouTube ], it looked decent. Unfortunately i can’t even make any trades for the time being, i own Revered 2 movies and every time i try to copy them and send them to him something happens and prevents me from doing that, but when i overcome all the obstacles and you will be alble to record it on dvd-r i will be definitely interested!

I must say that at the moment a purchase of a dvd recorder isn’t in the cards so may unfortunately take quite a while :frowning:

I’m in no hurry, i just wanted to express my interest in this one :wink:

I was thinking of buying one myself. I’d only need to sell 20-25 dvdr’s for 10 euro each and I’d have the money back invested in the dvd recorder. I have plenty of rare stuff on vhs to make it work. Unfotunately I don’t have 200-250 euro right now. But I’m getting a new steady job in 2 weeks, so that will soon change.

Cool clip … me too ;D

Do you have a DVD burner on your computer?

Yeah sure, but no way of connecting my vhs-player to my pc alas (again)…

Diverse interests duly noted :slight_smile:

[quote=“Søren, post:79, topic:1281”]Yeah sure, but no way of connecting my vhs-player to my pc alas (again)…

Diverse interests duly noted :)[/quote]

My friend collects rare tapes and his machine chewed a tape up, so now backs his tapes up to DVD R.
He does a few at a time as does not have much time, and he to could not connect to computer at first, but soon got fixed up with suitable lead and connector.