Comics & Graphic Novels

A familiar image, but off the top of my head, cannot remember which spaghetti poster it’s swiped from. A little help here? I’ll go crazy until someone tells me the answer!

…Image found at this site:

…Which strikes me as potentially being of interest to the lot of you.

I think it’s from of poster (or a still) of The Outlaw Josey Wales

Edit:

I think it’s creative patchwork, it’s Josey combined with this guy:

[/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[url]http://img853.imageshack.us/i/dirtyharrye.jpg/[/url]

This is the image I was thinking of. I don’t know what it is, but it used to be on the front of the Fistful of Westerns website:

That’s not from Josey Wales, is it? The Caleb Hammer character is undeniably based on Eastwood, but that’s not Eastwood in the image above, right?

Ah, I should have spotted that one. I agree that that’s the base image for the Caleb Hammer picture. But now I’m haunted by the question of what the above image is from!

It’s the pose from Dirty Harry and it’s Eastwood’s face in the image, but they have made the face look a bit ‘dirtier’: the beard is longer, and the expression is more tight-lipped. He looks up, as if he’s spotting a bird, or somebody standing on a building; Dirty harry is obviously going to shoot in the direction of the camera. The coat is probably not from Josey Wales, but from High Plains Drifter.

Hey Scherp, refresh the thread. I posted an additional image that I believe is from a different poster, while you were posting the Dirty Harry pic. That’s the new image I’m wonderin’ bout.

EDIT: Looks like Archive.org doesn’t let me hotlink, and that’s why there was no image there. Here’s the image the comic reminded me of at first. What poster is this from?

I’ve seen it (repeatedly), but can’t put my finger on it

Seems early spaghetti, '65, '66. I riffled through JF Giré’s book (he has the largest collection of posters, stills etc.), but haven’t spotted it.
Somebody here will recognize it

Mystery solved!

Would never have guessed it was that film :stuck_out_tongue: .

I guessed it was Harrison, but didn’t think of this film (I’ve never seen it)

I thought of something else:

[url]http://img191.imageshack.us/i/spagwikiban3.jpg/[/url]

Seems to be a popular image!

I’ve been reading some of the old Tomb of Dracula series from the 70s…Blades look has sure changed since then! Also a 4 part comic called Apache Skies which I liked quite a bit.

Gene Colan penciled that run of Tomb of Dracula, and he also did this story, which I first encountered yesterday, and think is maybe the most beautiful piece of comic art I’ve ever seen:

Those panels are true works of art…If I had to pick a favorite comic artist I’d have to say John Byrne. :slight_smile: I just noticed it was written by Archie Goodwin…I went to grade school with his son. I remember going to his apartment and seeing his dads CRAZY comic book collection! This was back in the late 70s…Wonder how much all thats worth now…

My favourite comic book artists include Bernie Wrightson, Alex Ross, Alan Davis, Ivan Reis, Bryan Hitch, Olivier Coipel, Doug Braithwaite, Gary Frank, Bart Sears, Adam Hughes, Norm Breyfogle, Chris Bachalo, Brian Bolland, Frank Frazetta, Glenn Fabry, Frank Miller, John Romita Jr, John Buscema and Joe Quesada. I’m sure there are more, but those are the ones which first spring to mind right now.

For me, Jim Lee also…Do you guys ever encounter people who act like you’re stupid because you’re an adult and still read comic books? I hate that!

Hugo Pratt

For me, a mix of Alex Toth, Noel Sickles, Milton Caniff, Frank Robbins, Herge, Pratt, Goseki Kojima, Jordi Bernet, Bill Watterson, Paul Grist, Javier Pulido, Colleen Coover, Chris Samnee, Mike Allred, Dylan Horrocks, Charles Schulz, Doug Wildey and Floc’h.

Christ, I can’t believe I forgot Neal Adams.