Carambola’s Philosophy: In the Right Pocket / Carambola, filotto … tutti in buca (Ferdinando Baldi, 1975)

The pair really do look like the pair they are supposed to look like. Not much of a plot and the duo do like to engage in as many fist fights as possible while the theme song is being played. In fact the theme song always seems to be playing in this silly film. If you are looking for punishment this one well may do the trick.

In chronological order, this is the second of five films (the other 4 are Carambola, Simone e Matteo: un gioco da ragazzi, Noi non siamo angeli and Il Vangelo secondo Simone e Matteo) featuring the Hill/Spencer clones Michael Coby (Antonio Cantafora) and Paul Smith.

For this SW comedy my rating is 3,75/10: the two main actors have no particular fault, it is the script to be uninteresting and based on scenes (saloon brawl, poolgame, chase) prolonged beyond belief. As a consequence a pretty interesting cast (Glauco Onorato, Remo Capitani, Piero Lulli, Emilio Messina) is badly wasted: the only good thing is the unexpected final idea, jokingly linked to the original title.

I thought I’d give this one a try since I honestly like the first Carambola film. This one is basically more of the same stuff except with less of a plot. It definitely gave me quite a few laughs, especially during the pool scene. According to the database, the Dutch tape is supposed to be 91 minutes but in actuality, it runs for only 80 minutes.

This film’s entry in our database has been updated to the new layout. Let us know of any corrections or additions. Especially welcome as always: facts and trivia, links, reviews, pictures…

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2023 thread: