Blindman (Ferdinando Baldi, 1971)

Would be nice if they put it out on a Blu-ray. I might hold out a bit longer.

1 Like

I’d imagine it will receive a blu ray release sometime in the near future. Maybe not by the same company, but by someone

Poster drop:

3 Likes

Yeah the audio on the ABKCO disc is great. The Koch version is the only Koch release I’ve ever been disappointed with.

1 Like

apparently the abkco print is longer than the koch version, not sure if it’s true ? well one is pal and the other is ntsc but…

ABKCO: 1hr44m10s - end title freeze at 1hr 43m 53s
Koch: 1hr41m31s - end credits roll at 1hr 40m 19s

4% PAL speedup would account for about 4m16s off the NTSC runtime. When you account for the 1 minute of end credits on the Koch print, this is about the same. The opening title is slightly different also, which can account for slight difference in times.

As far as I know, the Koch release is uncut

2 Likes

Has anybody checked out the other DVD releases besides Koch and ABKCO? How is the image quality on the “Mutant Sorority Pictures” disc?

That cover (and really all the other releases from the same company) screams “bootleg VHS-transfer” and the comments on amazon.com seem to point in the same direction.

Unfortunately it is mostly unclear which version the amazon reviews are about, but the cover design does look suspicious.

They are most definitely bootleggers and it seems these aren’t even pressed discs. Did a quick google searchand they come of just as dodgy as suspected :slight_smile: At best this is a ripoff of the Koch Media release.

1 Like

Good to know, this thing keeps showing up in online stores.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I am watching this film right now (I hadn’t seen it before) and I realized that, at least the first sequence has been filmed on a set in Almeria now called ‘Fort Bravo/Texas Hollywood’ in wich I was just yesterday (it was a coincidence, I swear it, I didn’t know that when I plan to see it). It’s pretty fun that discover how the time goes by BUT to know that the set is still the same in essence…if you want, I could share with you some pics that I did yesterday and make a comparative of the before/after with some screenshot of the film (I don’t know if someone has done it before here)…but I think I must level up first. What do you think?

2 Likes

Hi, Carlos.
I’m pretty sure that pics you have to share, will be welcomed by all companeros at SWDB.
Bring it on, amigo.

1 Like

Is it your first time on SWDB, Carlos?

I think this is my third post hahaha

Well…Carlos…Welcome, Amigo.
I hope you find a home here.

As I said, any contributions are more than welcome. :grinning:

I would love to see them … it has been done, of course - but everyone’s pictures will be a little different - I made some comparison shots also, which I will post when we see yours :slight_smile:

Some new thoughts on the flick by @pkazee :arrow_right:

1 Like

This movie’s page in the SWDb has been upgraded to the new “SWDb 3.0” format. Please have a look and let us know if there’s something you can add (information, trivia, links, pictures, etc.).

New poll added. Top of the page, as before. :+1:

1 Like