Big Gundown DVD

well BU is probably just this guy’s hobby anyways… I’m sure he gets his money through other channels… I mean doesn’t he make indie films and all that?

The thing is theres only so many popular titles they can release before they run out. Thats why they’ll probably start re-releasing all their current catalog on Blu Ray.

Bill Lustig is a producer and director himself. Im not sure if hes still making movies or not.

I dont think they’re interested in releasing any more spaghetti titles, period… i would be very surprised to see any re-releases also. If its true they’re going under, which it very well could be, then that’s that… although i was under the impression they were doing well with all the horror stuff. That was just because I always see all their horror releases stocked at the store though (I’ve never seen one of their spaghettis stocked here)

Theyve already started with the Blu Ray re-releases of diff genre flix like Bird With The Crystal Plumage and Fast Company. Im pretty sure they have a bunch more lined up.

Yeah, I just mean the spaghetti titles though… would be cool if they do, I don’t really know how much money it requires them to reformat for BluRay and release

Yeah this is true. He’s a big SW fan though. I think Bruckner is in similar company. There is no money to be made releasing SW’s. He just does it because he himself is a fan.

I think outside of the more famous SW’s like Django, Nobody, Trinity, Silence and a couple others these SW’s aren’t very lucrative ventures for DVD companies, at least not in the states anyway.

The Swede’s mention of up coming BluRay releases from Blue Underground got me curious as to the company’s status… if he was calling it quits or going under, doesn’t make much sense that he would be planning BluRay releases… couldn’t find much news about the company’s status, other than the current BluRays and upcoming ones, and some people saying it seems he’s getting out of DVDs and into the BluRays… so who knows, maybe we will see some of the spaghettis re-released as BluRay, although I’d rather see new titles than rereleases…

Current titles re-released on BluRay:
Dead & Buried, Bird with the Crystal Plumage, The Final Countdown, Stendhal Syndrome

Upcoming re-releases:
Uncle Same, Maniac, Vigilante, Fire and Ice, Circle of Iron, Fast Company, Two Evil Eyes, The Crazies, The Toolbox Murders, The Blood Spattered Bride, The Prower, The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue

so yeah, quite a few of releases in the works(although no spags)… seems like he must be sticking with it

Not viewed Vigilante in a while. Love the music and always good to see Fred kicking some arse :D.

LEE VAN CLEEF’S “THE BIG GUNDOWN” - THE RESTORATION OF A SPAGHETTI …
Among the other great features in the latest issue is entertainment journalist Bruce R. Marshall’s fascinating story behind Lee Van Cleef’s 1960s cult …\

good info here!

cinemaretro.com

Hello Friends!!

I just purchased my first Region 2 dvd…THE BIG GUNDOWN over at amazon.de. Is FACE TO FACE available separately from that boxset? I couldn’t seem to find it anywhere.

Blonde66

f2f is not (yet) available separately. run man run will be released this month, face to face probably later this year as ell…

the koch dvd has italian and german audio, with english subtitles

Sebastian-

How many of Tarantino’s top 20 r over at amazon.de (NOT including Leon’s)? Can u give me the links to each one since I don’t understand German. I’m from the states. Thanx pal.

Blonde66

can you send me an email please, and i’ll get right to it. cheers

My email is theshape1963@yahoo.com. Thanx so much, Seb!!

Hey Seb!!

When r the street dates for THE RETURN OF RINGO and THE MERCENARY? Thanx again for the Tarantino info.

Blonde66

wrong topic, but march 27 and summer 09 respectively

[quote=“Lindberg, post:27, topic:1455”]Don’t know why he didn’t do his own dubbing for this film, it’s not his own voice in Django Kill either, don’t ask me why

Maybe they thought he sounded too Spanish for the English versions in these films?[/quote]

I was just re-reading the WAI special on Milian where he seems pretty upset about ‘The Big Gundown’ dubbing: “They didn’t even tell me or ask me to do it.”

He says this is the only exception and does not mention ‘Django Kill’. I think his only SW before these two was ‘El Precio de un Hombre’. I haven’t seen this one but apparently the original language was Spanish as in the original title.

Who they used to dub soundtracks with often doesn’t make sense in hindsight, but at the time i guess popularity of a given actor and how much they had to pay them were probably the two biggest factors.

[quote=“blonde66, post:55, topic:1455”]Hey Seb!!

When r the street dates for THE RETURN OF RINGO and THE MERCENARY? Thanx again for the Tarantino info.

Blonde66[/quote]

Having problem with finding spags in the states… same here…

I happen to know that The Mercenary is available on youtube in a decent letterboxed transfer…

I’m still looking for a way to watch The Big Gundown when I don’t have the money or resources (since i’m only fifteen) to buy the koch disc…

How much can you afford, Rififi?