Big Gundown DVD

I was wondering if anyone has seen this DVD of The Big Gundown because I wanted to know if it was the full film since I am having trouble getting a franco-cleef one.

[url]http://www.lagovideodvd.com/BigGundown.htm[/url]

I don’t know this release
It says some parts are in Italian, so you’d say it’s uncut, but the database here says full length is 111 mins
I have to check my Italian DVD for the full running time

I don’t know if you need a region 0 or 1, but otherwise the new Koch release is uncut and of excellent quality (even better than the Italian DVD, so I might want to buy me a copy too):

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Resa_dei_conti%2C_La/DVD

Hey deacable. Franco Cleef can sell you directly just email him at kingriek@shaw.ca. I think he charges $14 including shipping depending on where you are.

Thanks for the info

Hello Friends!!

Can someone burn me a copy of KOCH’s new release of THE BIG GUNDOWN? I want to see this film so bad (especially with the Italian audio and English subtitles)!!! Contact me at theshape1963@yahoo.com if anyone is interested in doing it for me. Thanx so much.

Blonde66

Then you should buy it. If we don’t support the official releases there won’t be any more. Available from amazon DE for a lousy 10 euro: https://amzn.to/3SfPent

Problem is I don’t have an all region player. And I don’t want to spend money on one for one dvd.

Blonde66

Believe me there is more than one non-Region 1 dvd you would want if you are getting into spaghetti western watching. The whole Koch Media spaghetti western-range is more or less a must-buy. Plus many (most?) dvd players can be made region free with just a few button presses on the remote so that might be a free solution to that problem.

You can always watch Region 2 DVD’s on your computer using VLC player. Region free players are a good investment, most of the top Spaghetti western releases are European. You’re missing out on alot if you simply limit yourself to just region one.

Also, contact Autophex, he’s got a great fan version of the Big Gundown. Its even better than FC’s.

Is it better that the Koch version?

sigh we had that conversation before and I thought we’d finally cleared that up:

no, the FC version is NOT better than the Koch Version, but the FC is the only version that has FULL English audio (the Koch has none). So unless you need the English audio, the Koch version probably offers better video and audio quality.

and yes, we don’t condone video piracy here, and region free dvd players cost about 40 dollars, that’s a fair investment that any person who fancies himself a cineast should’ve made years ago anyway… all these great Koch discs you’ll miss out on etc…

[quote=“Sebastian, post:11, topic:1455”]sigh we had that conversation before and I thought we’d finally cleared that up:

no, the FC version is NOT better than the Koch Version,[/quote]

Diliinger was asking whether autophex’s version was better than the koch, not whether FC’s was better.

Autophex’s version has combined the koch picture and english subtitles with the English audio. So I would say for the average north american english speaking consumer, its better.

I don’t condone piracy either but unless Koch is going to create DVD’s for the english speaking north american market they have to accept this.

I gotta jump in on Koch’s defense here. Not only are they - out of sheer personal favor - including ENGLISH SUBTITLES on almost all their releases already (plus English audio on a few others, including their MGM titles), but they’re also releasing these great films at awesome quality to a target audience that is so small, that one has to wonder what the ROI (return on investment) actually is. You can’t expect them to dish out an additional couple thousand per release just to please the 50 or so American customers who are too lazy to read the English subtitles… :wink:

Sometimes, despite how spoilt we are by Koch, we need to keep this in perspective and stay on the carpet here…

LOL. Why do you think Bruckner went out of the way and included English subs? If it had only had German subs people would have been screaming if they couldn’t at least include English subs. Give them that and they want the English dub, give them that, and they want the discs to be Region 1. It never ends.

As long as people buy the official release and THEN gets the fandubbed version I have no problems though but I take it most people in here do that?

Edit: Can se Sebastian beat me to it :slight_smile:

[quote=“Sebastian, post:13, topic:1455”]I gotta jump in on Koch’s defense here. Not only are they - out of sheer personal favor - including ENGLISH SUBTITLES on almost all their releases already (plus English audio on a few others, including their MGM titles), but they’re also releasing these great films at awesome quality to a target audience that is so small, that one has to wonder what the ROI (return on investment) actually is. You can’t expect them to dish out an additional couple thousand per release just to please the 50 or so American customers who are too lazy to read the English subtitles… :wink:

Sometimes, despite how spoilt we are by Koch, we need to keep this in perspective and stay on the carpet here…[/quote]

I agree totally Seb. It was not my attention to attack Koch. I have defended them many times on this board. I think we are all on the same page here regarding Koch. They have great releases for sure. ANd I mentioned before on another thread that not enough people buy there discs for them to fully invest in english friendly releases.

However, the fact is that english speaking north americans will still not be totally satisfied and there are fandubs that exists out there that let fans have their cake and eat it too.

maybe an American company should step up to the plate and release these movies in comparable quality, maybe license the koch material. What ever happened to Blue Underground? they’re wasting all their money on BluRay releases of crapfest gialli (sorry, just exaggerating) and never released a single Spaghetti after the bunch they did in 2000

The thing is also, in this case with The Big Gundown, the English dub is far from complete

There is constant Italian turning up between the English audio on the FC version

Also it’s not Tomas Milian’s own voice on the track, only Van Cleef’s

So be content with the Koch releases that do have English dub I say :wink:

I think we’ve been here before, I simply don’t think there is any money in spaghetti westerns in the States. Look at a company like MYA releasing all sorts of different Italian (mostly) goodies, but how many spaghetti westerns? None. And Noshame before they went down, again lots of good stuff, comedies, gialli, crime, but again no westerns. It aint never gonna happen, Europe is the home of the biggest spaghetti western market and I guess it will always be that way.

I’d be interested in the sales figures of those Anchor bay / Blue undergr. titles. I guess they sold fairly well, especially coz they were released before Koch’s ascent…

but I guess if a company like Wild East would professionalize more, lower prices and team up/buy Koch Media material and hire all these fan people, like FC etc… .then there’d be potential…

Yeah I agree, wildeast is practically a non profit company LOL. You can’t make a decent living running a label like that.

The North American consumer will always be disadvantaged when it comes to SW’s. Of course we try to support labels like Koch, but they are not even intended for us. So you can see my point. For us english speaking north americans, fan dubs are sometimes necessary.