Big Gundown DVD

I can only scrounge up a few dollars a week… I can’t find some honest
work… :-\

Can anyone explain what this is? Is it a real dvd or a scam somehow… ?

http://lagovideodvd.com/BigGundown.htm

[quote=“Rififii, post:62, topic:1455”]Can anyone explain what this is? Is it a real dvd or a scam somehow… ?

http://lagovideodvd.com/BigGundown.htm[/quote]

Cultcine.com has a remastered version too in English, I just picked it up last week.
$12 aint a bad deal.

Screenshot

yeah but if its remastered I wonder if that’s not just a rip off of the koch or the FC version… who else has restored this? nooone

Yes… I have an inkling as to where they got this version they’re selling from…

They also just happen to have Tepepa with Italian audio and english subtitles for the missing dialog parts in the English dub

both of these were recently done by fans…

So no, it is not a real legit DVD, it is a bootleg of a bootleg, which they did no work in creating

Jerksi (the guy who used to be on ebay) restored it, probably before Franco Cleef.

Who ever it was that restored it, shame on cultcine for profiting over someone else’s work.

Yet another movie we synced the audio to. (Tepepa, and Big Gundown)
We used the Franco Cleef DVD for the English audio track. (Big Gundown)
And had someone translate the missing English scenes.

For Tepepa, we cut out the italian parts and added to the dead audio scenes
on the English Track.

It’s a lot of work and "NO’ we are not profiting off of other peoples work.
We buy all of our source material and don’t Download AVI’s and convert them to DVD.

Right now we are working on a Remastered Uncut version of “The Day of Anger” *
Using the english track from the OOP Wild East DVD.

It’ll be on the site soon and I highly doubt you will be buying from me.
But for those of you interested it’s almost done.

Wild East DVD screenshot

Our DVD (soon to be released)

It’s all good, I just don’t want people to think we’re stealing other peoples hard work.

Day of Anger DVD is up by the way.
The French DVD is missing a small scene not in the Wild East DVD btw.
Where the old man tells Scott their going to kill him and to watch out.
Happens when he goes out in the alley and starts beef with the deputy

[quote=“cultcine, post:70, topic:1455”]Day of Anger DVD is up by the way.
The French DVD is missing a small scene not in the Wild East DVD btw.
Where the old man tells Scott their going to kill him and to watch out.
Happens when he goes out in the alley and starts beef with the deputy[/quote]

Interesting… so you mean the WE version includes it but the French one is slight cut? The database listing here as ‘uncut’ must be incorrect then.

I’ll check my copy of the new Japanese release to see whether it includes it or not.

the SWDB information on cut/uncut is only then correct if more people actually help us out in putting those information in there… cut/version information is yet still in its infancy in the SWDB i’m afraid

[quote=“cultcine, post:69, topic:1455”]Yet another movie we synced the audio to. (Tepepa, and Big Gundown)
We used the Franco Cleef DVD for the English audio track. (Big Gundown)

For Tepepa, we cut out the italian parts and added to the dead audio scenes
on the English Track.

It’s a lot of work and "NO’ we are not profiting off of other peoples work.
We buy all of our source material and don’t Download AVI’s and convert them to DVD.[/quote]

just think its fairly odd that both of these releases(Big Gundown and Tepepa) of yours popped up immediately after I did the exact same thing to them, and released full DVDS (not AVIs) for download… and your screenshots are even the same… not saying you didn’t also do the exact same thing at the same time with same screenshots, but quite the coincidence…

You aslo have a couple more releases that have been up as full custom fan DVDs as well…

They call me Hallelujah

Black Killer

The same Day of Anger DVD you’re using was also put up on the same site, only the person didn’t have time to re-dub it to English yet… hmm…

and everything else you sell is obviously a ripoff of legit releases converted to NTSC from PAL

[quote=“cultcine, post:69, topic:1455”]We used the Franco Cleef DVD for the English audio track. (Big Gundown)
And had someone translate the missing English scenes.[/quote]

It also doesn’t make much sense why you would go to the trouble of having someone translate the missing English parts, since both the Franco Cleef and Koch releases already had the needed subtitles for these parts… but then, if you were the one that actually did the work on the disc, you’d already know that

I’m sorry for being such a dick to you here, but I think your business is crap… you’re charging as much as it costs me for an imported retail disc, for your knockoff bootleg DVDRs that aren’t even packaged or labeled

I generally don’t by from dvd-r vendors anymore for those reasons you stated auto. I used to when I was a SW newbie and didn’t know any better.

Btw, auto your custom dvd’s are top notch.

What do you custom dub guys use to edit…I aspire to do the same…

As the penguin once said “a little tape & a lot of patience”

thanks mate

mostly Sony Vegas, also a program called Avidemux occasionally. SoundForge to work with and clean up audio. Various other small tools depending on the job. Feel free to PM me any time and I will give you a full rundown of methods and answer any questions you might have

that too… a lot of patience and a lot of time, which is why I haven’t done much lately… am currently working on a nice looking Ringo del Nebraska tho…

[quote=“autephex, post:78, topic:1455”]thanks mate
mostly Sony Vegas, also a program called Avidemux occasionally. SoundForge to work with and clean up audio. DVDLab Pro for menu authoring. Feel free to PM me any time and I will give you a full rundown of methods and answer any questions you might have[/quote]

Thanks alot…I am trying to sync a Spara Gringo Spara english audio, to the Koch restoration, was doin alright with Moviemaker and Convertxtodvd until the sound came out shitty…I was too optimistic…

I’ve already done that one buddy :wink: edit I appear to have kept this one for myself… hmmm… hehe