Big Gundown DVD

[quote=“Sebastian, post:19, topic:1455”]I’d be interested in the sales figures of those Anchor bay / Blue undergr. titles. I guess they sold fairly well, especially coz they were released before Koch’s ascent…

but I guess if a company like Wild East would professionalize more, lower prices and team up/buy Koch Media material and hire all these fan people, like FC etc… .then there’d be potential…[/quote]

Thats a great idea. I believe Lamaj and Bruckner have collaborated before in regards to the interviews on the discs.

The BU, anchor bay SW discs sold well but not well enough. Of course famous titles like Django and Companeros will sell better than something like Fury of Johnny Kid and Arizona Colt Returns.

Also I understand that the BU discs have been popular to the European market as well.

Oh yes the sales figures would be most interesting. But obviously they didn’t sell enough or the other genres were just that more profitable else I gather they would have done more. BU sent what, 4 spaghetti westerns on the street and AB did 8 (+Django that BU also released)… That’s nothing. How many gialli has been released in the States in the same amount of time? Lots and lots and thats not a more obscure genre than the spaghetti western it just attracts more customers apparently. Hell I got two gialli just today that MYA just released but there are nearly years between a new spaghetti western is released in the States (discounting WE which does a fine job).

I will take a wild guess and say that the Italian movies released by Anchor Bay + Blue Underground + Noshame + MYA etc. are probably selling better in Europe than in the States.

I guess the thing with Gialli is that they cross over into the Horror market and that one is very healthy indeed.

I always thought Milian sounded strangely different from normal; that explains it. I wonder why he didn’t do his own dubbing. Was he simply not asked or is there more than one English dub like in the case of a “A Bullet for the General” for example?

yep…

btw bruckner and lamaj are very good friends and many of the past and a lot of the upcoming releases are cooperations indeed, also in terms of extras (and especially extras) and resources / print / material location

Don’t know why he didn’t do his own dubbing for this film, it’s not his own voice in Django Kill either, don’t ask me why

Maybe they thought he sounded too Spanish for the English versions in these films?

maybe coz he’s Cuban :wink:

I know he’s Cuban Seb

He sounded too Cuban then :wink:

has he dubbed himself anywhere? I’m just thinking… maybe his english back then was really not so good

It’s his own voice in most other SWs I would say

Run Man Run, Companeros, Face to Face, Samurai, Sonny & Jed, they all have his own voice

Furthermore, in “Face to Face” and “Tepepa” it is his voice on both the English and the Italian language tracks although he was clearly speaking English when the movies were being shot.

I buy all the Koch releases I can, including the Big Gundown

I still would like to have the English dub if its possible, why wouldn’t I? and it is possible… it just takes a bit (lot) of work. Believe me, I wouldn’t be doing all that work out of anything but love for the genre… If Koch or someone else would release the disc with the English dub, I would gladly buy it from them… until then, I’ll buy the version they put out and do the work to make it the way I want it…

I support Koch because I have much love for what they do and always praise them when I can, as well as any company doing quality spaghetti work…

I’m pretty sure Blue Underground/Anchor Bay called it quits on the spaghettis after the poor sales on them all, with the Hellbenders being the nail in the coffin

I think his english was fine. As I remember it he was based in New York before going to Italy. He studied at the Actor’s Studio there. Maybe it was just his accent?

You’re right on with that statement. Blue Underground / Anchor Bay are putting most of their efforts into the horror genre, from what I can tell… and there is a HUGE market for horror stuff here. A lot of people here that buy/love the Gialli don’t even know what Gialli is, its just horror

Sometimes I find his accent a little heavy for my ears.

As much as I love gialli, I def wish BU would release many more SWs. Id love to see all the titles on Blu Ray too. Ive been sort of behind on my spaghettis because I’m always watching other genres. I want to get back into them.

From what I read about BU was they weren’t in good shape. I think they may be going under as they couldn’t compete with the big studio releases.

As would I, and probably all of us… but the chances are probably slim to none… what chance there is would probably put any releases far in the future, with the already low sales combined with the current economy

I think it’s a cool thing with all the fan-made redubs and TV prints etc that are floating around, they complement the official releases

With hundreds of movies in this obscure genre, not all of them can have great releases and including every audio option