Arizona Colt (Michele Lupo, 1966)

I got a button on the lower left that says: MERGE TOPICS. I canā€™t imagine Iā€™m the only one. But youā€™re welcome, of course.

The fact that you knew that that button was there and also figured out how to use it is worthy of my thanks alone :wink:

Second gemma western i saw,first was ā€˜ā€˜day of angerā€™ā€™

You deserve a button like that!

Good title for a spaghetti western:

[size=3]Bottone per un Cattivo Tenente[/size]

(Button for a Bad Lieutenant)

I guess only damn deputies and bad lieutenants get those buttons! The Basterds! :wink: :smiley:

Yes, but Glourious Basterds

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:45, topic:552ā€]Good title for a spaghetti western:

[size=3]Bottone per un Cattivo Tenente[/size]

(Button for a Bad Lieutenant)[/quote]

Il Buono, il Bottone, il Cattivo

Does anyone besides me realise you all took up almost two pages of jokes about buttons? :smiley: :-\

Yesā€¦but, they were damn good jokes about damn good people get those damn good buttons, damn it!
:wink: ;D :smiley:

Perhaps thereĀ“s a readily existing topic about buttons that I can merge this one with.

Sounds like a good idea BL ;).

[quote=ā€œalk0, post:28, topic:552ā€]And now comes the best part of my mini-review: i liked De Masiā€™s score a lot. Even the title song. Surely something wrong is happening to me :stuck_out_tongue:
8 out of 10[/quote]
Haha, I actually like the main song as well!

You damn basterd!

The good reverend is obviously talking complete bollocks again! I watched this last night and was thoroughly entertained - 5 stars!

Well a third offering worked wonders - mustā€™ve been in just the right mood (state of inebriation) because it all gelled perfectly.

I loved the cynical an mercenary aspects of Gemmaā€™s character whoā€™d do dirty deeds if there was a chance of climbing in a fillyā€™s panties at the end; I enjoyed Fernando doing what he does best as the clicheā€™d Gordo; I laughed at the drunked but honourable antics of Whisky, and I quite fancied Jane myself and understood her changing character from sexual martyr to willing partner in light of the townspeoples cowardice.

Well at least we agree on this! Tosser!

[quote=ā€œReverend Danite, post:54, topic:552ā€]The good reverend is obviously talking complete bollocks again! I watched this last night and was thoroughly entertained - 5 stars!
Well a third offering worked wonders - mustā€™ve been in just the right mood (state of inebriation) because it all gelled perfectly.
I loved the cynical an mercenary aspects of Gemmaā€™s character whoā€™d do dirty deeds if there was a chance of climbing in a fillyā€™s panties at the end; I enjoyed Fernando doing what he does best as the clicheā€™d Gordo; I laughed at the drunked but honourable antics of Whisky, and I quite fancied Jane myself and understood her changing character from sexual martyr to willing partner in light of the townspeoples cowardice.
Well at least we agree on this! Tosser![/quote]

Glad you did some re-evaluating on this one, Rev., as I think it is one of the best Spaghetti Westerns out there!

Just took me a while ā€œā€¦ to think about thatā€. Got there in the end.
Itā€™s what I love about this genre - you can come back to a film and see it afresh sometimes.

[quote=ā€œReverend Danite, post:56, topic:552ā€]Just took me a while ā€œā€¦ to think about thatā€. Got there in the end.
Itā€™s what I love about this genre - you can come back to a film and see it afresh sometimes.[/quote]

Better late than never brother.
This is one of my favourite Gemma films. I love the back somersault he does out of the tree. Great stuff.

[quote=ā€œReverend Danite, post:56, topic:552ā€]Just took me a while ā€œā€¦ to think about thatā€. Got there in the end.
Itā€™s what I love about this genre - you can come back to a film and see it afresh sometimes.[/quote]

Absolutely!

I used to HATE the film CEMETERY WITHOUT CROSSES; but, I gave it another chance when it first appeared on DVD out of Japan a few years ago. Once I saw it again, it became a personal favorite!

I hope that the guys at Wild East get the chance to do the re-release of ARIZONA COLT that they had planned. Seems like they have located a better print source and are just trying to work out some rights issues. I donā€™t expect this to happen any time real soon, though, as they have been monkeying around with this re-release project for well over a year and a half, now.
Still, though, I think ARIZONA COLT is deserving of another release (with English audio)!

[quote=ā€œPhil H, post:57, topic:552ā€]Better late than never brother.
This is one of my favourite Gemma films. I love the back somersault he does out of the tree. Great stuff.[/quote]

Yeah, me too!
I already said this in a previous post here; but, this one ranks way up there on the list of my favorite Gemma films.
RETURN OF RINGO is probably my most favoriteā€”but, this one is right behind it!

Gotta go along with that now mā€™self. That fall out the tree is very, very good and I agree about the print. As can be seen from that shot I posted in ā€œrockā€, it is very grainy with a bit of colour separation at times. Still, seen a lot worse than this of course, and I hardly notice this sort of poor picture quality nowadays (particularly after a couple of scoops - Iā€™d always presumed it was me that was a bit ā€˜grainyā€™ :P).