Alternative Top 20

I don’t have one?!?

Ok, so the alt list works quite differently from the essential one (though the may be simply because there are much fewer lists here?).

I’m working on a draft, but there’s been no major progression for some weeks due to quite an intense period of university studies and examinations. Right now it’s almost equally split between films with and without a spot in the current Alternative Top 20 list. Well, one more without, as I have not filled the 20th place spot yet. I thought it would be a perfect mix, but considering how fast the list can apparently change, I guess it’s time to hurry up before I’m suddenly only listing films which are already represented…

Not according to my records

Well, your list should always just be based on your favourite films not currently in the Official Top 20 (actually 18 now) so don’t worry if they are already represented on the current Alt 20 list. Just pick your favourites and it will all work out as it should :slight_smile:

I’ll get right on it, boss

Beautiful

Btw your alt. Top 20 should include several films of your official Top 20, but it doesn’t.

At least that was the idea of the alternativ one, to start with those of the other one which are allowed here.

Will think about this Phil!
I see the definition is any of my top movies that are not on the official top 20?
This could be my 21 to 40 movies then, assuming my top 20 is similar to the official list!

Hm, I think what he meant was that it would be weird if someone’s alternative top 20 (the only main rule being it cant included titles from the SWDb’s official top 20) wasn’t that person’s personal top 20 (or what’s left of it; plus expansions). But I don’t recall that being an iron rule.

Hey, Phil. Just so I understand since I’m coming into this conversation at the side. Are you asking us to come up with our own Top 20 and Alternative 20 lists?

Well, it should always be your Top 20, the 20 you like the most. for this list here, as well as for the other list:

The difference of the alternative Top 20 is only that the first 18 of the Official Top 20 are not allowed. The reason is to see if in such a list other films are named than those, which are in the official Top 20 behind the first 20 (or meanwhile actually behind the first 18).

Yes, it surely is a bit complicated …

2 Likes

Thanks, Stanton.

To simplify, make a list of your 20 favourite Spaghetti Westerns that do not appear on the list below:

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly
Once Upon a Time in the West
For a Few Dollars More
The Great Silence
The Big Gundown
Django
A Fistful of Dollars
The Mercenary
Companeros
Death Rides a Horse
Face to Face
Duck, You Sucker!
A Bullet for the General
Day of Anger
Keoma
Cemetery Without Crosses
The Return of Ringo
My Name is Nobody****strong text

1 Like

Moving home today, so quite chaotic at the moment. Also my brother’s funeral tomorrow.

Will, once settled in new home, compile a list… :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

There’s no rush mate

1 Like

exactly :slight_smile: well put

Had do to some digging to even find my official ones. I also put these in my personal page now.

After some fiddling, this could be my alt Top:

1. God Forgives, we don’t
  2. Run Man, Run
  3. And God said to Cain (also my Staff Favorite)
  4. Django Kill, if you live…shoot! [would never rank it this high, see notes below]
  5. Texas Adios
  6. Forgotten Pistolero

and adding

1. Tepepa
  2. Hannie Caulder
  3. The Grand Duel
  4. 10.000 Dollar Blood Money
  5. Blindman
  6. Navajo Joe
  7. Cut Throats 9
  8. Gatling Gun
  9. Bandidos
  10. California
  11. 100 Rifles
  12. Savaje Pampas
  13. Minnesota Clay
  14. Sledge

I have to say though: a) if done seriously, I would have to officially revise my official top 20 first (but not gonna do that now) and b) I left the ones after subtracting as per Phil’s instructions as is and in that order, and added the rest below. A better procedure would be to re-rank the alternative top 20, as what’s left after subtracting on place one might not be the top alternative spaghetti western out of the 20 titles this process yields otherwise.

Now, if enough folks persuade me that re-ranking is actually the way to go, then please consider the above just a first draft that I am transparent about with you - and I will rank them properly by tonight.

No need to re-rank anything as for the Alt Top 20 every entry counts as one point. We do this as most say that after the top 20 their next picks are all variable in order from one day to the next.

it still seems to work out fine.

1 Like

Here is my alternative Top 20 - I should probably revise, also:

1. Run, Man, Run
  2. If you meet Sartana Pray for your Death
  3. Tepepa
  4. $10000 for a Massacre
  5. Blindman
  6. Django Kill, if you live Shoot
  7. A Pistol for Ringo
  8. Sabata
  9. Navajo Joe